Rated 5 out of 5 by Scott Overall, very pleased.
I am pleased with this refrigerator - cooling ability, spacious, different sections, lighting, quietness.
The only thing I need to get used to is the need to open both main doors to put in or take out items that are not just a simple bottle or jar, such as a casserole dish.
November 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DT Good unit but lacking in some features
It is a good unit but could use some enhancements in terms of features:
1. Ice machine very small for the size of the refrigerator and has hard time keeping up with demand for 2 people (big issue)
2. Temperature display shows what the unit is set for rather than the actual temperature inside the fridge & freezer (fairly big issue)
3. Filters (water & air) do not have easy access per some of the other manufacturers models.
4. Temperature has to be raised above recommended level or outside door compartment will experience spoilage.
5. Middle drawer would have greater functionality if it could be opened from outside rather than inside refrigerator.
November 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by QRichardQ We love it, but...
We really like our LG fridge. The capacity, the features, even the lighting are a pleasure. It also works well. That said, there were a couple of silly decisions made in crafting the machine:
1. The control panel allows you to easily adjust the temperature in both parts of the machine, with an illuminated readout that appears for bit each time a door is opened. But the readout tells you the temps you have SET, NOT the temps in the boxes. It clearly knows what those are in order to cycle the compressor. Instead, the manual recommends that you buy a thermometer and place it in the refrigerator. Dumb. (This smacks of the legal department tampering with design.)
2. The door-in-door feature is very handy. We use it more than we anticipated that we would. Obviously, it is aimed at frequently grabbed convenience items like beverages. Why then is the tallest shelf in the door just a hair too short for 2-liter soda bottles? Dumb.
One can easily survive around these two feature flaws. It's just a shame to mar an otherwise well though out design.
November 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Banny This is the best refrigerator EVER!
I am 50+ years old and have bought and owned several refrigerators in my life. This is truly the best one yet. When you open the french doors everything can be seen and reached because of the great lighting, as well as the easy access. The storage space is abundant. Easy access and abundant space in the bottom freezer as well.
Just love the door in door feature. Well made and a true enhancement to my kitchen! I will not look for any other brand of appliance from now on.
Thanks LG for an innovative appliance.
November 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mel so much room
I love how I can see everything and it holds much more than any other refrigerator I've ever had.
October 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kim aka WYRA I love this refrigerator!!
After comparing all the brands I realized LG was the best for the bucks. First, the lighting just blew me away! No food can hide and when you open the doors it looks like marquee lighting illuminating every nook and cranny.
The Door-in-Door for items used frequently (milk, juice, etc) works great. I even designed a four tier egg tray which enables me to store 2 dozen eggs in the door-in-door.
While I’m at the grocery store and as I pack everything up, I start to get excited because I know that when I get home there’s space for everything and then some!! I still can’t believe how quickly I can put everything away. And…when I need anything, even in the huge bottom freezer bin, I can easily find it all … nothing can hide!
The ice maker is perfect. It does not take up shelf space as in other refrigerator brands; it makes plenty for our family of three. I also like keeping the bin in the freezer full for those times when you need more ice (I get a kick out of emptying the ice maker …I realize how well engineered the ice system is every time I unlatch the ice maker door!!).
One reason I purchased the 31 cu ft was so I’d get three drawers in the freezer compartment. I LOVE THE FREEZER!! Pizzas, loaves of bread, frozen veggies, nothing can hide. I also like being able to quick freeze cookie sheets full of … anything … and then put it in freezer bags.
The refrigerator is REALLY QUIET and I’m impressed with the linear compressor engineering.
Every drawer glides smoothly … I’m reminded of the built-in quality every time I use a drawer.
When it comes to the stainless steel, I can now relate to how some people like to wash and wax their cars. I love to polish my beautiful refrigerator!! I use orange glow and not only does it shine up easily, it smells great! You may think I’m a nut case but I even get excited over fingerprints. That means I get to polish my beautiful refrigerator.
We have tried several different brands of refrigerators and I think this is by far, the best French Door refrigerator on the market.
October 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JMacado What an excellent purchase!
We unfortunately purchased a competitor brand and were so disappointed, we began searching for a replacement about the time we got it. Making sure to read the full information on the display tags this go, we found this model and were overcome with the capacity. It really is 31 sq ft inside! The Ice Maker in the door is a true bonus and it leaves so much more space in the actual refrigerator! The door in the door really needs no additional praises, it pretty much speaks for itself. When you see all the space you really get, and the quality of the manufacturing, you know why LG is such a sought out brand. And magnets STICK to the fronts of the doors! This unit deserves the overall ratings of 10 or higher from myself, my wife, and all 3 of our grandkids. Super Super Fridge/Freezer.
October 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AFones40 My wife is happy.
This refrigerator has a huge storage capacity and all storage spaces are easily accessible. It is very well engineered for energy efficiency. My wife is happy. Therefore, I am happy.
September 29, 2014