Good, but expected a bit more for the price
The good things about the unit are:
- water filter access
- shelf arrangement
- drawer size and ease of use
- interior lighting
- easy to use temperature settings on door front
The things I did not like are:
- no light for water dispenser (not fun when you overfill a glass of water at 2AM because you cannot see it filling)
- poor water catch tray for water dispenser
- poorly latching door for ice bucket (door have often opened left fridge door to find the ice door open - it catches on the opposing door and I worry it will eventually break off because of the repeated door jams)
- poor ice performance (slow to make ice and the ice tends to "stick" together - I end up slapping the bucket to break it up)
- plastic covering for the new unit was pinched under the handles, some of which we could not remove - it will be there forever
March 29, 2014
A Big Disappointment
In addition to other reviews which include water compartment being small, ice cube bin size, no light at dispenser, the ice compartment has continuous condensation. At times it get so bad that the water drips down. I also see condensation near the interior light which I think is the result of the ice maker. Due to this condensation, the ice compartment door froze shut.
On rainy days, there is severe condensation on the outside of the refrig, mainly at the location of the ice maker and also at the freezer.
This has been a problem since we purchased it about a year ago.
June 22, 2012
Good value for a stainless steel 4door french door
I like the color and finish of the stainless steel material. It is easy to clean with a ss cleaner I bought at home depot. The metal panels dent very easily though so I or you would have to be real careful handling it. The freezer seems to be not that strong in terms of keeping things frozen like ice cream. I had to set it to max so that the ice cream is hard enough. The door shelves don't really lock into place, so if you happen to nudge it upwards, it will easily nudge off its guide and may make your bottles or cartons tumble. I find it odd that the compressor works non-stop compared to my prior refrigerators where the compressor stops once in a while as it has a thermometer. Per LG support, there's no need to worry that the compressor never stops working! There is ample space in the frig section and the icemaker and water dispenser works great. The filter in this frig I don't think does a good job of filtering the water as the water still has some kind of a taste compared to Brita filtered water. Overall, it is a great value for the price for a 4 door french stainless steel refrigerator compared to other brands/
June 5, 2012
This is a great refrigerator. I have ss, which does leave fingerprints; all the features are useful. The filter is too expensive; I love the double freezer drawers. I separate by type and how often I open the drawer. A really good feature is the bell that tells me the door is ajar.
October 25, 2011