Best Features: Superior appliance with a designer look
"Having had only black appliances in the past and always a side by side refrigerator, we wanted something different in our totally remodeled kitchen. The LG French Door refrigerator is amazing and the stainless steel upgrade is worth the difference. We have more room than we did with the side by side and everything is easy to see and find. Very happy with our selection."
"Ok, my complaints, besides it being hard to organize and the door with the icemaker being completely useless for storage, which I think are common issues with any french door fridge that has an icemaker in the fridge section....we had real issues with this fridge. We bought this fridge about a year ago and for the first couple months it was fine, but then ice started forming around the drawer track...LOTS of ice. First repairman came out and said it was installed wrong by BestBuy and the drawers were out of alignment. Ok, that was fixed...next ice started forming around the seal between the top and bottom drawer...said this is an issue LG is aware of and there was a process for fixing it. Next drawer had ice around bottom track, next had ice between seals again. Oh and I haven't even mentioned the water dripping (5-10 drops...lg says up to 3 is normal), water pouring out icemaker when go to get ice, and condensation between doors. Finally LG agreed to replace it, while waiting for that, we have ice again on the seals between the doors, and we still have the water/ice issues. We were told in the south to never use the energy efficiency option....that solved the condensation between the doors issue. Also we were told people need to be very careful when opening the drawers and to only do so from the very center or your drawer could go out of alignment. No offence, but are you serious? A fridge that costs over $2000, almost $3000 if you paid regular price and I need to be very careful where I open and close my drawers from? I was told people who have kids often have problems with this fridge because of this issue. Personally thought it was rediculous. LG was ok and we had a great repair man. I think if it wasn't for him and the local LG rep he talked to we would never have gotten the fridge replaced. I called LG at one point and told them that our fridge has had issues nonstop and that our warranty was about to expire, since they had yet to resolve the issues, would they guarantee my issues would be resolved? I was told we could buy an extended warranty and otherwise they would review on a case by case basis, but they would give me no guarantee to fix my fridges outstanding issues after the 1 year. At one point the ice was building up so bad and so fast the drawers wouldn't close all the way so the motor was running super loud. The repairman had to make an emgergency visit to deal with it so the motor didn't go out....which is what prompted my concerned call to LG. We dealt with some nice people at LG and some horrible ones. I had lots of stress over this fridge and I'm glad that as of Wednesday it will be gone. We aren't going to replace it with another LG...trying Samsung this time. We will see."
"If I wrote this review during the first 3 months I bought the LMX28988ST I would've rated it 5 stars all around. It seemed amazing at first... lots of space, ice dispenser & water convenient, etc... HOWEVER, after using & owning the fridge for almost 9 months now my opinion has changed completely and I wish I didn't buy this product for these reasons:
1. The "energy saving" seal that is on the left door that helps seal between the 2 doors never stays closed and so every time I close the fridge the stupid plastic thing hits the door and I have to manually close the seal to close the door (you'd understand once you see the fridge)
2. The ice maker always has problems. I use it daily, clean it regularly and it always clogs. I manually get ice now which defeats the purpose. The mechanism in the ice maker isn't very good.
3. SPACE!!! So at first 28 cu ft seemed amazing however, it would be great if the fridge was designed better. Nothing ever fis (like bottles) so everything has to be turned sideways and even though it claims "gallon sized" on the right door, you can fit like 2 milk jugs and nothing else, so there isn't enough space. Literally the only "tall" space is about a 2ft by 1ft area on the middle right shelf. The veggie drawers are really small too.
4. Ice in the freezer. After 8 months of working perfectly, all of a sudden my freezer drawers are lined and the drawer hinges caked with solid ice! Absolutely no explanation for it. I've cleaned & defrosted the freezer multiple times since and it keeps building, so all my food in the freezer is lined with ice. I read the manual, checked the temperature and nothing seems to be wrong, but the actual freezer performance itself.
5. Freezer usability. The concept of drawers is nice and easy, so this is more of a personal complaint in general, but because they are drawers and require some force to close & seal them correctly, it's really hard to make popsicles or ice cubes since the drawer makes everything spill. And although it's nice that the drawers are deep, you have to stack everything which makes it difficult to find what you're looking for.
6. The stupid water dispenser. Let's just say... it's not an inherent thing to use. I've had SO many guests (who are quite tech savvy & smart) spill water everywhere or shoot themselves right in the stomach because of the poor design of the water dispenser.
I can go on and on about the problems I'm having, but in the end I wish I bought a different refrigerator. I like the idea of the 4-door French Door, but I'd look for one that has a better design, better quality & easier to use."
"I wanted a top quality frig for my kitchen and thought the LG brand was the way to go but after buying my frig i have discovered that this product does not stand up to even half the cost of the product....the ice maker works about 30% of the time and the plastic that the drawers are made of just crack if u even touch them with the doors they should be of a more durable plastic that will withstand the breakage of most of the shelves and drawers that broke after about 4 weeks of owning this product and mind u it's just me and my husband no kids in the house to mistreat anything so if this product wont withstand 2 adults that a very cautions of thing how can it withstand a house with children slamming the doors and pulling objects out of the frig over plastic barriers.....so dissapointed i can't even tell u how much this is a disappointment to me and my new kitchen...."
This is an extra-large powerhouse of a refrigerator. With nearly 28 cubic feet of space, double freezer drawers and ultra-accommodating, 12.6-inch tall ice- and water-dispenser. This is a refrigerator built with innovative features like humidity-controlled crispers. This is a refrigerator designed to make your life easier — now that’s something better.
Design, features and specifications subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated and/or dramatized. Some features in videos may not be available on all models. Please refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab for a complete list of features by model.
Design, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Get The Latest Product News
Please enter your email address to sign up for our Newsletter.