LG Serious Watchers Contest
1. Eligibility: LG: Serious Watchers Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of LG Electronics USA Inc., its promotion agencies, HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on November 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Twitter's and Instagram's servers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To participate, you will need to have a Twitter or Instagram account (each a "Social Account"). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://twitter.com/tos) or (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier's network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets or Instagram posts to be viewable by Sponsor.
During the Contest Period, take a photo of yourself or a group of your friends/family that shows your reaction while watching a TV show, movie or sports moment and Tweet it or post it on Instagram and include the hashtags #SeriousWatcher #LGContest, herein referred to as your "Submission". If your Submission include a group of friends and family, the other individuals in your photo must submit a photo that is substantially different in order to be included in the Contest. Your Submission may include a collage of images but need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor's products or services.
By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the following entry requirements and its use by Sponsor. Sponsor may disqualify you or your Submission for failure to conform to the following:
• The Submission must meet format requirements of the Social Account used;
• The Submission may include a collage of images but must not be a video;
• The Submission must include the hashtags #SeriousWatcher #LGContest; and
• Each Submission must be unique.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork;
• The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
B. Other Entry Restrictions: Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address associated with the Social Account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
C. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Posting a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
6. Winner Determination: After the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the five (5) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the "Potential Winners") from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
• Originality/Creativity of Submission (20%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for "Submission displays the emotion of a 'Serious Watcher'," as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Potential Winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Potential Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by @LGUS (if entry is through Twitter) or @LGUSA (if entry is through Instagram) on or around January 16, 2018. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"). The Declaration must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: An LG B7A OLED 4K HDR 55" Smart TV. ARV: $1,799.
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: A 5.1.2 ch High Resolution Audio Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos. ARV: $899.
ONE (1) THIRD PRIZE: A Sound Bar Flex with Wireless Subwoofer (SJ7). ARV: $429.
ONE (1) FOURTH PRIZE: A 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ Player. ARV: $249.
The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per household. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 - 10 weeks after all winners are confirmed.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, other promotional parties, Instagram LLC, Twitter Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2y7M2pE. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.