◆ Improvement Point
-.Microsoft Surface Pro3 support
To update the firmware of the GP70NS50 please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result
in permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
The drives must be original LG branded drives with the external DVD-Writer model number
AP70NS50(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name,
please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC’s with Windows 8/8.1, 7.
[Critical Instructions] (to be followed carefully)
1. Connect the drive at USB port by it self.
2. Download and unzip the file GP70NS50_1.01.ZIP to a folder of your choice.
3. change File name (GP70NS50_1.01.txt -> GP70NS50_1.01.exe)
4. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.
(If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC,
during the update process, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
5. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start
the update procedure.
6. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GP70NS50_1.01.exe
program and click the “update” button (red). Once the update is complete,
you will see “Firmware Update Complete” and the button will become green
and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC.
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
※ WARNING: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update,
as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will
become permanently damaged, as a result.