LG Blu-ray Updates
Thankfully, your LG Smart Blu-ray Player is made to be worry-free. That said, the firmware that powers your Smart Blu-ray Player should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience. This can be done easily, and quickly, right at home.
From time to time, performance improvements and/or additional features or services may be made available to units that are connected to a broadband home network. If there is new software available and the unit is connected to a broadband home network, the player will inform you about the update as follows.
1. The update menu will appear on the screen when you turn off the player.
2. Use the RIGHT/LEFT buttons to select a desired option and then press WHEEL or ENTER.
- OK—starts the software update.
- CANCEL—exits the update menu and turns the power off.
When the UPDATE icon appears in the HOME menu, this means new software is available from the server. Press BLUE (B) colored button to start the firmware update.
You can update the player using the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features. You can update the software by connecting the unit directly to the software update server.
Before updating the software in your player, remove any disc and USB device from the player.
Before updating the software in your player, turn the player off and then turn it back on.
During the software update procedure, do not turn off the player, disconnect AC power, or press any button.
If you cancel the update, turn off the power and turn it on for stable performance.
This unit cannot be updated to the previous software version.
Follow these simple steps:
- Select SOFTWARE option in the SETTINGS menu, then press WHEEL or ENTER.
- Select UPDATE option and press WHEEL or ENTER.
- You're all set — the player will check for the newest update.
Wireless internet connection & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. The Magic Motion Remote does not come equipped with all LG Smart TV enabled TVs and a separate purchase may be required. Content and services vary by product and are subject to change without notice.