THE POWER OF STEAM
This may be your first washer with steam, so get ready to be amazed! The advantages of steam include gentle washes that save you trips to the dry cleaner, plus a reduction in allergens as well as wrinkles. This section will tell you how to take advantage of all the benefits steam has to offer.
Choose a section below or simply scroll down to begin.
- Household allergens, like pet dander and dust mites, can collect on clothes and outlast conventional washes.
- LG's steam-enhanced Allergiene™ cycle is certified by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America, and can remove over 95% of household allergens.
- This cycle uses the intense heat of steam and is ideal for washing things that accumulate dust–like pillow covers, and bed sheets–or items that deserve special care–like baby clothes and undergarments. Now doing the laundry can save you some sniffles!
- There's no clean like a steam clean! Our steam technology gently but powerfully penetrates fabrics to virtually eliminate dirt, odors and wrinkles.
- Now you get the cleaning benefits of a super-hot wash without the high energy usage and potential clothing damage.
- Discover the benefits of all our steam cycles: Tub Clean, Allergiene™, Sanitary, BrightWhites™, Bulky/Large, Cotton/Normal and Heavy Duty.
GOOD TO KNOW
During steam cycles, the door can become very hot.
Don't touch the door, try to override the lock mechanism, or reach into the washer during a steam cycle.
Always allow the door lock to release before opening the door.
Steam is not visible because the inside temperature of the drum is approximately the same temperature as the steam itself. So a visible vapor cannot be seen as it exits the steam nozzle.
Do not use steam with delicates such as wool, silk or easily discolored fabrics.
- Steam technology provides powerful, yet gentle steam.
- Advanced cleaning performance.
- Brighter whites.
- More vibrant colors.
- Helps to lift out and remove stubborn stains even without pre-treating clothing.
HOW TO USE THE STEAM FEATURE
- Turn on the washer and turn the cycle selector knob to select a cycle with the STEAM option.
- Press the STEAM button and the washer will automatically adjust the cycle settings.
- Set any other option.
- Press the START/PAUSE button.
The following cycles support the steam feature: Tub Clean, Allergiene™, Sanitary, BrightWhites™, Bulky/Large, Cotton/Normal and Heavy Duty.