LG FRONT LOAD WASHER INSTALLATION TIPS
Whether you're doing it yourself or having your washer installed, there are a few details you should keep in mind–like location, whether or not you want a pedestal, how to minimize noise, and how to connect the water supply. Next, you will find a few tips to help ensure the perfect setup.
Choose a section below or simply scroll down to begin.
Choosing the Proper Location
- Make sure it will not be exposed to temperatures below freezing, or exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The washer needs to be within reach of an outlet–usually 60 in. (150 cm) will do–and the plug needs to be easily accessible.
- Don't install in a wet or damp area.
- Hook up one appliance per outlet.
- Do not remove ground prong, the washer must be plugged into a 3-prong grounded outlet.
- Avoid using an extension cord and install a circuit breaker if possible.
- Remember to ground it in accordance with current regulations.
- Choose a place where a water supply can be easily connected.
- Do your best to level the washer machine to avoid vibration and noise. Learn how
- Ensure clearance for water lines and airflow by giving at least 1 in. (2.54 cm) at the sides and 4 in. (10 cm) in the back. Wall, door or floor moldings may increase the need for space.
- To open the door, you'll need at least 24 inches (61.2 cm) in the front.
- If you're installing your washer over carpet, make sure the base opening is not obstructed.
Installing a Pedestal Base or a Stacking Kit
If you are installing your washer using an optional
pedestal base or stacking kit, please refer to the
instructions for your pedestal or stacking kit before
proceeding with the installation.
Connecting the Water and Drain Lines
Get step-by-step instructions on how to connect a water line
to your washer. Doing it the right way can
increase the life of your washer.
Leveling your Washer
The drum of your new washer can spin at surprisingly high speed–up to 1,400 RPMs. And although it boasts the TrueBalance™ anti-vibration system, you'll need to make sure your washer is level. It will further help to reduce noise and vibration. Here's how:
If you experience any problems setting up your new LG front load washer or can't figure out what to do when you get an error code, our free LG Smart Laundry App will help you diagnose the problem quickly, without needing to make a phone call. Of course, you can also just contact us for assistance.
Click here to learn more about troubleshooting your washer.