ENSURING THE RIGHT SETUP
If you need some answers to your setup questions, they should all be right here. We cover how to connect your HD devices, get your PC set up, and more.
FINDING THE RIGHT DISTANCE TO SIT FROM YOUR TV
Where you position your new LG TV in relation to where you'll usually be sitting can make a big difference. Find the size of your screen below and we'll show you the ideal distance between the viewing area and the TV.
MOUNTING YOUR TV ON A TABLE OR WALL
Now that you know where your LG TV will be placed, let's get it up and ready for watching! See below for instructions on how to place your TV on a table or mount it on the wall.
MOUNTING ON A TABLE:
- Attach the stand as shown in the diagrams below.
- Lift and tilt the TV into its upright position on a table. Leave a 10 cm (4 inches) (minimum) space from the wall for proper ventilation.
MOUNTING ON A WALL:
An optional wall mount can be used with your LG TV. Consult with your local dealer for a wall mount that supports the VESA standard used by your TV model. We recommend you use an LG brand wall mount—you can click here to purchase one.
- Carefully attach the wall mount bracket at the rear of the TV and install the bracket on a solid wall perpendicular to the floor. (Detailed instructions will also be included with the wall mount.)
- Make sure to use screws and wall mounts that meet the VESA standard, as described in the following table.
SETTING UP YOUR EXTERNAL DEVICES
Your LG TV is great for all sorts of entertainment—digital cable, video gaming, and a host of other devices. If you need help setting them up, the diagrams below should remove some of the guesswork when connecting the cables.*
- To prevent equipment damage, never plug in any power cords until you have finished connecting all equipment.
- Image shown may differ from your TV.
- For the best picture and audio quality, connect the external device and the TV with the HDMI cable as shown in the 2 diagrams below.
- If you are not using an HDMI connection, check to ensure the cables are matched with the corresponding color connection.
- If cables are installed incorrectly, it could cause the TV image to display in black and white or with distorted color.
*Depending upon the model, the cables may not be provided.
HDMI CONNECTION TO HD DEVICES AND YOUR PC
It's easier than ever to connect your devices to your LG TV: your cable box, Blu-ray or DVD player, as well as your PC, can all be plugged in using HDMI. Simply connect your external device and the TV with the HDMI cable* as shown. You can also easily plug in a USB device into the USB hub in the back of your TV. All of these options are illustrated in the diagram below.
You can learn more about connecting with HDMI here.
*Depending upon the model, the cable may not be provided.
CONNECT TO A MOBILE PHONE
Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) is an interface for transmitting digital audiovisual signals from mobile phones to television sets. Connect your mobile phone to the HDMI IN 2 (MHL) port, as shown below, in order to view your phone screen on your TV.
This only works for the MHL-enabled phone.
An MHL passive cable is needed to connect the TV and a mobile phone.
CONNECTING YOUR AUDIO SYSTEM
You can connect your audio system to your TV using the optical digital output jack.
Follow these simple steps to get everything connected.
- Make sure your TV and audio system are turned off.
- Locate the audio output jack on your LG TV. Look for the optical digital audio output jack.
- Connect your cable to the optical audio in jack on your audio system.
- Once your TV and audio system are connected, make sure your audio receiver volume is on a low setting before your test the sound. Select the correct input on your audio receiver and gradually increase the volume.
An audio system can enhance your new TV by providing outstanding sound quality. If you don't already have one, you may want to consider an LG Sound Bar or LG Soundplate™, both of which include Bluetooth connectivity.
CONNECTING YOUR BLU-RAY PLAYER
Depending on the type of connection you choose to use, there are a few ways to connect your Blu-ray player to your TV.
CONNECT TO YOUR GAMING SYSTEM
Most gaming systems can connect to your TV using a variety of cables. Determining which cables you should use depend on what cable jacks you have available on your television and your personal preference for how you wish to experience your gaming content. Here are some helpful links from a few manufacturers to help you get set up.