LG V10™: Camera Features
Make every shot your best shot by exploring the capabilities of Manual Camera Mode and more. We'll give you tips to shoot like the pros.
After you've mastered photography, get ready to dive into videography. After all, your LG V10 was built for video and made to make your stories move. Learn about your phone's video features.
SHOOT LIKE A PRO
Take the perfect selfies. No more stretching out your arm and struggling to press the shutter button. These two functions make shooting with the front-facing camera a breeze.
Raise your hand with an open palm until a box appears over it on screen. Next, slowly close your hand into a fist to start a countdown timer.
You can also start with your hand in a fist and unclench it to start the timer. Easy, right?
MAKE IT A DOUBLE
To create an Interval Shot, make a fist twice or touch and hold , the camera consecutively takes 4 photos at a time.
The LG V10 is intuitive and can sense whether you're holding the phone out for a photo or down to preview the shot you just snapped.
TOUCH & SHOOT
Focus and shoot with a single touch. You no longer need to touch the screen to focus, then press the shutter. The double tap is a thing of the past.
- Open your camera and touch the button on the upper right corner of the screen (upper left if your screen is horizontal).
- The menu icons will disappear as you're now in "Clean View."
- Touch the screen again to focus and shoot — all in one go.
Step up your slow motion video skills with your LG V10. You can even select which portion to slow down.
CALL THE SHOTS
What makes the LG V10 so incredibly powerful is the ability to shoot photos in Manual Camera Mode.* With the following tips and tricks from travel photographer Colby Brown, you can take control of every photo and make every shot your best shot.
ADJUST THE ISO
Capture the correct lighting for any situation.*
CONTROL THE SHUTTER SPEED
Now you can experiment with motion blur on your smartphone.*
SHOOT IN RAW
Uncompressed images give you unparalleled control in post-production.*
*The LG G4 is featured to illustrate similar camera functionality on the LG V10.
THE POWER OF RAW
RAW is a file format that captures all the image data recorded by your camera. On the other hand, a JPEG compresses and loses some of that information.
Most professionals prefer their images in RAW so they have more flexibility when editing their photos in post-production.
FROM PHONE TO PHOTO EDITOR
RAW files are big. That's why it isn't always conducive to send them over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth®. Instead, copy and move data between your phone and computer using a USB cable.
- Connect your device to a PC using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- Open the Notifications panel and select Media device (MTP).
- A window will pop up on your PC, allowing you to transfer the desired data.
NOTE: The LG Android Platform Driver is required to be installed on your PC to be able to detect the phone.
- Download and install the Android File Transfer program from the android.com website for Mac Users.
- Connect your phone to your computer, and double click the AFT (Android File Transfer program) application to start it up.
- You can now view the media content as well as drag and drop from the phone to your desktop.
Overall LG V10 safety and legal topics can be found here.