SET UP YOUR NEW
MUSIC FLOW SPEAKER
It’s time to start enjoying the incredible benefits of your highly versatile LG Music Flow Speaker. First, let’s make sure it’s set up properly. Once you’re set up, take some time to correctly install the Music Flow Player App, as well as learn the ins and outs of the Music Flow controls, and learning how to get it connected to a variety of devices.
SETTING UP YOUR MUSIC FLOW SPEAKER
To get the best possible help in setting up your new Music Flow Speaker, watch this step by step video to make it easier for you.
LG MUSIC FLOW SPEAKER INITIAL SETUP
INSTALLING THE MUSIC FLOW PLAYER APP
The Music Flow Player app is available for free download to Android and iPhone devices through the Google Play Store and iTunes store. Follow the instructions below or use the QR codes to install the app.
Installing via the Google Play Store or iTunes Store
- Tap the “iTunes store” icon or “Google Play Store” icon.
- Type in “Music Flow Player” in the search bar and tap “Search”.
- Select “Music Flow Player” in the search result list to download.
- The Music Flow Player app is only available for Android OS software: Ver 4.0 (ICS) (or later) and iOS OS software: Ver 6.0 (or later)
- Depending on the device, the “Music Flow Player” app may not work.
Installing via QR code
To easily download the Music Flow Player app to your phone, you can also simply scan the appropriate QR code below using your smart phone’s scanning application.
- Make sure that your smart device is connected to the internet.
- Make sure that your smart device has a scanning application. If you don’t have one, download one from the “iTunes store” or “Google Play Store”.
GET TO KNOW YOUR CONTROLS
Now that you have your Music Flow Speaker set up, let’s learn about what those controls mean found on the top panel.
- Power button
- Volume +/–
- Bluetooth LED indicator (Shows connection status)
- Portable IN LED indicator (Shows connection status)
- Wifi LED indicator (Shows connection status)
- NFC tag: Enables you to easily pair other devices to your Music Flow Speaker.
GET TO KNOW YOUR REAR PANEL
Power up your new Music Flow Speaker by connecting it properly. Let’s learn where everything goes.
- Speaker duct
- Wi-Fi: Connects your speaker to your network
- Add: Adds the speaker to your network
- DC IN (AC adapter input)
- PORTABLE IN: Portable input
- ETHERNET: LAN port
CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL PORTABLE DEVICE
If you wish, you can connect your Music Flow Speaker to an external portable device like a smart phone, computer, or mp3 player.
- Connect your portable player to the PORTABLE IN input of your Sound Bar.
- Turn the power on.
- Select the PORTABLE function by pressing FUNC on the remote control or F on your Sound Bar until the function is selected.
- Turn on the portable player or external device and start playing it.
CONNECT USING BLUETOOTH
If you want to have a wireless connection, you can connect your Music Flow Speaker using Bluetooth technology
- Select the Bluetooth mode with the power button on the speaker
- On your Bluetooth device, make sure that Bluetooth is on and select “Music Flow H5 (or H7) (xx.xx)”
- Play music on your Bluetooth device
USING NFC FOR EASY PAIRING
You can also pair simply and easily by tagging your Android on the mark.
- If you are listening to music using the Music Flow Player app, seamless playback is activated instead of Bluetooth pairing.
Want to connect and synch multiple speakers? Get more in-depth instructions on how to create a multi-room and multichannel home theater experience.