QUICK MAINTENANCE: YEARS OF RELIABILITY
Some simple maintenance can help extend the life of your LG refrigerator. Though your fridge is so reliable that it comes with a 10-year limited warranty on the linear compressor, checking on basic functions from time to time will keep your investment running even longer.
CHANGING YOUR REFRIGERATOR'S WATER FILTER
Learn how to change the water filter of your refrigerator and you'll be able to always keep water and ice tasting great. Below you will find tips to know when the time has come, and step-by-step instructions so you can do it easily. For optimum results, always use
LG water filters.
CHANGING YOUR REFRIGERATOR'S AIR FILTER
TIPS FOR CLEANING YOUR LG REFRIGERATOR
Even if it's been a while, cleaning your LG refrigerator is fairly easy. You'll need some gloves, detergent, baking soda, vinegar, and clean, warm water. Do not use chemical cleaners. Ready to start? Let's go.
- Before you begin to clean your refrigerator, turn the temperature control to OFF so you won't overwork the linear compressor, which is the refrigerator motor.
- Remove everything from your fridge so you can identify anything that has spoiled or expired. If you don't know how long something has been in there, you'd be better off throwing it out, too.
- Use a cooler to keep everything you're not throwing out cool while you clean. Don't worry if you don't have a cooler large enough. Improvise by using a large cardboard box with a towel on the bottom and another on top.
- Remove shelves, baskets and racks. Allow them to warm to room temperature before you start cleaning them, so they don' t crack. Put them all to soak (maybe in your bathtub?) while you clean the rest of the fridge.
- Wipe down the entire inside of the refrigerator using a dishcloth and a mild solution of warm water and detergent. Remember to clean the door shelves, the rubber seal around the door and where the door seal touches the refrigerator.
- Use vinegar with a clean cloth for tough stains. Rub in a circular motion. Prefer vinegar to bleach or other chemicals because it's a natural, safe cleaner.
- Mix about 1/4 cup of baking soda with a half-gallon of warm water and use it to wipe down the inside of the refrigerator, and then rinse and wipe dry. This will help eliminate odors.
- Remember those shelves and baskets you put to soak? Let's go back to them. Rinse them thoroughly, wipe them dry, and put them all back in the refrigerator, just like you found them.
- Put all that food back where it belongs, but not before wiping off glass jars and plastic containers with warm water and a dishcloth.
- Turn your refrigerator temperature control back to the recommended setting and let's clean the exterior.
- If you have a painted or plastic exterior refrigerator, use a solution of warm water, detergent, and a sponge to clean it. Then use a damp cloth to rinse and a soft cloth to dry it. If you have stainless steel or any other type of metal exterior, use a mineral oil based stainless steel cleaner. Wipe in the direction of the grain.
- To keep your LG refrigerator looking great, always wipe up spills immediately and seal all food containers
Refer to Smart Diagnosis for all error issues.
CARING FOR YOUR LG REFRIGERATOR AND FREEZER
It's good to check your refrigerator and freezer now and again to make sure they're working just as they should. The temperature may be too warm or too cold, frost or moisture may be building up, or your ice maker may not be producing enough ice. Keep an eye out for small problems to prevent them from getting bigger.
TROUBLESHOOT WITH SMART DIAGNOSIS™
Your LG refrigerator is equipped with the very latest technology, even when it comes to troubleshooting. By downloading the LG Smart Refrigerator App, you will have access to the recently upgraded Smart Diagnosis™, now more comprehensive and featuring more pleasant tones. It helps diagnose and solve any problems quickly and correctly. With the help of an LG call center specialist and Smart Diagnosis™, or with the smartphone app, your refrigerator will be running smoothly again in no time.
- Contact the LG call center at 1-800-243-0000 (1-888-542-2623 in Canada).
- Lock the display by pressing and holding the LOCK button for 3 seconds.
- Open the right (refrigerator) door.
- Hold the mouthpiece of your phone in front of the speaker that is located on the right hinge of the refrigerator door.
- Press and hold the FREEZER button for 3 seconds while continuing to hold your phone to the speaker. After you hear 3 beeps, release the button.
- Keep the phone in place until the tone transmission has finished. This takes about 3 seconds, and the display will count down the time.
- Resume your conversation with the call center specialist, who will interpret the information provided by Smart Diagnosis™ and assist you in implementing the solution.