GET EVERYTHING CONNECTED
If you need some answers to your setup questions, they should all be right here. We cover how to connect your HD devices, get your PC set up, and more.
SET UP YOUR EXTERNAL DEVICES
Your LG Smart TV is great for all sorts of entertainment—digital cable, video gaming, and a host of other devices. If you need help setting them up, the diagrams below should remove some of the guesswork when connecting the cables.*
- To prevent equipment damage, never plug in any power cords until you have finished connecting all equipment.
- Image shown may differ from your TV.
- Check to ensure the cables are matched with the corresponding color connection.
- If cables are installed incorrectly, it could cause the TV image to display in black and white or with distorted color.
- For the best picture and audio quality, connect the external device and the TV with the HDMI cable as shown in the HDMI CONNECTION section below.
*Depending upon the model, the cables may not be provided.
HDMI CONNECTION TO HD DEVICES AND YOUR PC
It's easier than ever to connect your devices to your LG Smart TV: your cable box, Blu-ray or DVD player, as well as your PC, can all be plugged in using HDMI. Simply connect your external device and the TV with the HDMI cable* as shown. You can also easily plug in a USB device into the USB hub in the back of your TV. All of these options are illustrated in the diagram below.
You can learn more about connecting with HDMI here.
*Depending upon the model, the cable may not be provided.
CONNECT TO A MOBILE PHONE
Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) is an interface for transmitting digital audiovisual signals from mobile phones to television sets. Connect your mobile phone to the HDMI IN 3 (MHL) port, as shown below, in order to view your phone screen on your TV.
This only works for the MHL-enabled phone.
An MHL passive cable is needed to connect the TV and a mobile phone.
CONNECT TO YOUR AUDIO SYSTEM
You can connect your audio system to your TV using the optical digital output jack.
Follow these simple steps to get everything connected.
- Make sure your TV and audio system are turned off.
- Locate the audio output jack on your LG TV. Look for the optical digital audio output jack.
- Connect your cable to the optical audio in jack on your audio system.
- Once your TV and audio system are connected, make sure your audio receiver volume is on a low setting before your test the sound. Select the correct input on your audio receiver and gradually increase the volume.
CONNECT TO HI-DEFINTION SOURCES
It's quite simple to connect your LG Smart TV with a Blu-Ray disc player, home theatre system, sound bar or gaming console. We'll show you how.
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO CONNECT HI-DEFINITION SOURCES
HOOK UP A HOME THEATER SYSTEM OR SOUND BAR
Think of your LG Smart TV as the hub of your home entertainment universe. And, for a truly impressive sound experience, you can send the audio from streaming movies and videos out of the TV to your home theater system or sound bar.
CONNECT TO A HOME THEATER SYSTEM OR SOUND BAR
CONNECT TO YOUR GAMING SYSTEM
Most gaming systems can connect to your TV using a variety of cables. Determining which cables you should use depend on what cable jacks you have available on your television and your personal preference for how you wish to experience your gaming content. Here are some helpful links from a few manufacturers to help you get set up.