Adding Wash Options
As you're getting familiar with your top load washer, we can help you pick the appropriate options to enhance performance and convenience.*
*Options may vary.
You can add the extraordinary power of steam to a number of cycles. Enjoy the benefits of a super-hot wash, for extra cleaning performance. Simply use the STEAM button to add steam to the cycle.
Click here to learn more about the power of steam.
- Adds steam to the cycle for extra cleaning power.
- It cannot be used with all cycles.
- The following cycles support the steam feature: TUB CLEAN, ALLERGIENE™, SANITARY, BRIGHTWHITES™, BULKY/BEDDING, COTTON/NORMAL and HEAVY DUTY.
Adding the TurboWash™ option reduces your cycle time while still providing you with a powerful clean. It can cut up to 20 minutes of laundry time per load*!
- It is engaged automatically for COTTON/NORMAL, HEAVY DUTY, and SPEEDWASH™ cycles.
- TurboWash™ is automatically deselected for COTTON/NORMAL and HEAVY DUTY cycles if the STEAM option is selected.
- It can also be added to BRIGHT WHITES™, SANITARY, PERM. PRESS/CASUAL, TOWELS, and SPORTS WEAR cycles.
- TurboWash™ cannot be used with BULKY/BEDDING, TUB CLEAN, POWER CLEANSE, ALLERGIENE™, WOOL, or DELICATES.
Click here to learn more about TurboWash™.
*Compared to other LG top load washers without TurboWash. Based on AHAM-HLW-1-2010 test protocol. Cotton / Normal or comparable cycle at default settings, 8 lb. loads. Excludes quick wash or comparable cycles intended for small, lightly soiled loads only.
Use this option for heavily soiled loads that need improved stain treatment. When STAIN CARE™ is selected, the wash cycle begins with warm water to help prevent stains from setting in. As the cycle continues, hot water is added to help remove stains that require treatment at a higher temperature. This option obtains best results with smaller loads (less than 6 lbs.).
Maybe you added too much detergent with a small load or the load is too heavily soiled. If that's the case, and you want to avoid having any residue on your clothing, this option will add an extra rinse to the selected cycle to make sure there's no trace of detergent or bleach on your clothes or in your washer. All you need to do is press the EXTRA RINSE button.
A little more water can go a long way. This option adds extra water to the wash and rinse cycles for better results. It is especially useful for large or bulky loads.
Saving money is always a good thing, and it's even better when you don't need to compromise. ColdWash™ technology uses less warm water, along with innovative wash motions, to deliver warm-water performance and cold-water savings. Just add it to the cycle of your choice and be surprised.
- Saves you up to 82% more energy per load.
- Uses less warm water—just enough to activate the detergent.
- Uses innovative 6 Motion™ Technology– six powerful but gentle wash techniques that give you a get a great clean without the harsh treatment that damages clothes.
- For high wash efficiency, use ColdWash™ with loads that are less than 8 pounds.
CUSTOM PROGRAM (PGM)
Custom Program allows you to store a customized wash cycle for future use. You can save your favorite temperature, spin speed, soil level, and other cycle options–and then recall them at the touch of a button. After your cycle settings and options are selected, just press and hold the CUSTOM PROGRAM button for 3 seconds.
Need to put the baby to sleep? Or maybe it's you who needs some rest. It's fine either way. With the DELAY WASH button, you can delay the start of the wash cycle for up to 19 hours. Each press of the button increases the delay time by one hour.
Kids can be a little unpredictable–and you don't want unpredictable things happening to your laundry. This setting prevents unwanted use of the washer and keeps cycle settings from being changed while the washer is operating. Press and hold the WATER PLUS button for 5 seconds to activate or deactivate CHILD LOCK.