Control Panel Overview
If your top load washer is ready to go, let's get familiar with the control panel. We can help you take better care of your laundry in no time.
Control Panel Features
Click the highlighted buttons on the control panel to get familiar with each function.
- POWER BUTTON: Turns the washer on and off. If you press the power button during a cycle, that cycle will be canceled and the load settings lost. The lid will unlock after a brief pause.
- CYCLE SELECTOR: Turn this knob to select a cycle. The standard presets will appear in the display and can be changed before starting the cycle using the CYCLE SETTING buttons.
To learn more about your cycle options, click here.
- START/PAUSE BUTTON: Starts the cycle you selected. When the washer is running, this button will pause the cycle without losing your settings. The washer will automatically turn off if you don't start the cycle within 4 minutes of selecting it.
- STEAM BUTTON: Adding this option to a wash cycle helps provide superior cleaning performance. By using hot steam, the fabrics will get the cleaning benefits of a very hot wash.
- COLD WASH™ BUTTON: Use this feature to save on energy consumption and get a powerful clean. Discover more about ColdWash™ technology.
- DELAY WASH BUTTON: Delays the start of the wash cycle. Each time you press it, it increases the delay time by one hour, up to 19 hours. Once the desired delay time is set, press the START/PAUSE button to start the delay time.
To learn more about delay wash, click here.
NOTE: If the START/PAUSE button is not pressed to begin the delay time, the washer will automatically shut off after 60 minutes and all cycle settings will be lost.
- CUSTOM PGM BUTTON: With this button you can store customized wash cycles for future use. To create a custom program, select the desired cycle, change any settings you want, and add cycle options. Then press and hold the CUSTOM PGM button for 3 seconds. To recall a custom program next time, turn on your washer and briefly press the CUSTOM PGM button. The stored settings will display.
- SPECIAL FUNCTION BUTTONS: These buttons allow you to select special cycles or options and light up when selected. To learn about each function, click here.
- LED DISPLAY: The display shows settings, time remaining, options, and status messages. The light on the display remains on through the wash cycle.
- CYCLE MODIFIER BUTTONS: Use these to select cycle options for the cycle you selected. The current options are shown on the display. Press the button to view that option or select other settings.
- TURBOWASH™ BUTTON: Use this feature when you want to save up to 30 minutes per load* without sacrificing cleaning performance. Please note, Turbo Wash™ defaults ON for the NORMAL, HEAVY DUTY and SPEED WASH cycles, but cannot be used with all cycles. Learn more about TurboWash™ here.
*Compared to an LG top load washer without TurboWash. Based on AHAM-HLW-1-2010 test protocol. Cotton / Normal or comparable cycle at default settings, 8 lb. loads. Excludes quick wash or comparable cycles intended for small, lightly soiled loads only.
- FABRIC SOFTENER BUTTON: Select this button if you are using fabric softener. The fabric softener will be dispensed in the final rinse..
- WATER PLUS BUTTON: Use this option if you wish to add more water to your wash load. It’s especially useful for large or bulky loads.
If you experience any problems setting up your new LG top load washer, this feature will help allow you to diagnose the problem quickly.
If you do have any problems, or you can't figure out what to do when you get an error code, just use Smart Diagnosis™.
You can either use the free Smart Diagnosis™ App, which helps allow you to diagnose the problem without needing to make a phone call, or you can contact us and use Smart Diagnosis™ over the phone. Our LG Direct Service Technicians at the LG Repair Center will ask you to press a few buttons, and your washer will answer by making a few sounds that will most likely allow us to give you a diagnosis right then and there.
Learn more about Smart Diagnosis™ here.
MEANING OF ERROR CODES
Your washer is equipped with an automatic error-monitoring system to detect and diagnose problems at an early stage. When it finds irregularities, it uses codes to warn you. Here are a few of the error codes you may encounter, and what you should do when you see them.
An OE error code conveys that the washing machine has not successfully drained the water in 10 minutes. It doesn't always mean that the washer requires service. There are a few simple steps you can take before calling us.
Check the drain hose: Make certain that the drain hose is installed no more than 96 inches higher than the bottom of the washing machine.
Check the washer leveling: If the washer isn't level, the water can flow back into the machine. If this is the cause of the problem, use a level and adjustable pliers to adjust appropriately.
When you see the dE error code, it means the lid is not closed properly. This is a sign that either the lid is not shutting, locking or opening. Most of the time, this is a simple fix and service is probably not needed. Here's what might be happening and what you can do.
Make sure that the lid is closed properly and press the START/PAUSE button. After starting a cycle, it may take a few moments before the drum begins to turn or spin. The washer will not spin unless the lid is locked (LID LOCK light will turn on).
If the lid is closed and locked and the open lid error message is displayed, call for service.
If you press the START button while the lid is open, dE error message will be displayed.
The LE error code can indicate a problem with the motor, but it's usually an issue that originated during installation, or one related to misuse, that should be fairly easy to resolve.
Power the machine off and unplug the washer from the electrical outlet. Allow the unit to stand for 30 minutes so the motor can cool. Restore power and then reattempt to run the wash cycle again without adding additional detergent.
The ub code may appear during the cycle to indicate that your washer has detected an out of balance load and is attempting to rebalance it.
This display is for your information only: no action is required.
The washer will add water and try to redistribute the load automatically.
In general, remember, you have a mega-capacity washer! Feel free to wash in bulk: it's easier for your washer to balance more items rather than a very small load.
This UE error code appears if the ub rebalance (see above) is not successful. It indicates that the load may be too small, heavy articles may be mixed with lighter items, or the load is simply still out of balance.
The automatic attempt to rebalance the load has not worked, so the cycle has been paused to allow the load to be adjusted manually.
Small loads in LG washer model WT7700 can sometimes become unbalanced. Your washer is a mega-capacity machine, so feel free to add more laundry!
The load may have heavy items mixed in with lighter items. Always try to wash articles of somewhat similar weight to allow the washer to evenly distribute the weight of the load for spinning.
Manually redistribute the load if articles have become tangled, preventing the automatic distribution from working properly.