LG TOP LOAD WASHER OPTIMAL
There are a few details you should always keep in mind when installing your new washer–like location, how to minimize noise, and how to connect the water supply. Next, you will find a few tips to help ensure the perfect setup.
Choosing the Proper Location
- Make sure it will not be exposed to temperatures below freezing, or exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The washer needs to be within reach of an outlet—usually 60 inches, or 1.5 meters will do—and the plug easily accessible.
- Don't install in a wet or damp area.
- Hook up one appliance per outlet.
- Do not remove ground prong, the washer must be plugged into a 3-prong grounded outlet.
- Avoid using an extension cord and install a circuit breaker if possible.
- Remember to ground it in accordance with current regulations.
- Choose a place where a water supply can be easily connected.
- Do your best to level the washer machine to avoid vibration and noise. Learn how
- Ensure clearance for water lines and airflow by giving at least 1 in. (2.54 cm) at the sides and 4 in. (10 cm) in the back. Wall, door or floor moldings may increase the need for space.
- If you're installing your washer over carpet, make sure the base opening is not obstructed.
Connecting the Water and Drain Lines
Get step-by-step instructions on how to connect a water line to your washer. Doing it the right way can
increase the life of your washer.
Leveling your Washer
The drum of your new washer can spin at surprisingly high speed—up to 1,100 RPMs. And although it boasts the TrueBalance™ Anti Vibration System, you'll need to make sure your washer is level. It will further help to reduce noise and vibration. Here's how:
If you experience any problems setting up your new LG top load washer, this feature will help allow you to diagnose the problem quickly.
Learn more about Smart Diagnosis™ here.