Set Up Wizard gets you up and running with easy step-by-step instructions right on your screen. All you need is a few minutes and your Magic Remote with QWERTY keyboard to get started.
You can use the guide below, consult your manual or follow along with this instructional video to help you get set up properly.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO LEARN MORE.
Ready? Simply press OK on the wheel of the remote to initiate Setup Wizard, and follow these easy steps.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
1. Click on the pointer wake-up button on the remote to pair your Magic Remote with its full QWERTY keyboard. You’ll see ‘Registering new Magic Remote’ and then ‘Magic Remote has been registered’ when the remote has been successfully paired. Registering your remote.
2. Select your TV environment. ‘HOME’ is probably best suited for just about everyone. Remove If you want to install the item, select INSTALL. “Allow access” will then appear on the screen. Press OK.
3. Choose how you want to connect to the Internet: through a wired or wireless network.
To connect to a wired network with a network cable, simply plug a LAN cable to the back of the TV.
To connect to your wireless home network, simply select the name of your network. You’ll be asked to enter your password, then click OK to connect to your wireless network.
4. Since this is a LG Google TV, you’ll want to enter your Google account information to sync your accounts and access Google content. Enter your Google email address, or create a free account if you don’t have one. If you don’t enter your Google account now, you may not be able to use all of the apps and LG Google TV features.
5. Next up is the “Help Make Google TV Better” page. Checking this box will send status updates and crash reports automatically to Google, and they’ll use that information to make Google TV better in the future. It’s up to you to participate.
6. Enter your ZIP code to make sure you get the correct programming for your area.
Now, we’re ready to set up your TV service. To start, indicate the appropriate service category…for the majority of owners, it’s Option A…having cable, satellite or other TV service with a set-top box. Click next and choose your video input, and then your Line Up Provider based on your ZIP code. Finally, select the manufacturer of you set-top device, and you’re done!
Next, you’ll set up the infrared blaster, a cable with sensors that’s included with your TV. In case you’re not familiar with the role of an IR Blaster, it lets you control channels and audio options with just your Magic Remote.
Connecting to Your Set-Top Box
Connect the IR Blaster Cable to the TV, as seen in the image above, and place the transmitter in front of the Audio amplifier.
Go to Home > All Apps > Settings > Video input > Add device manually.
Select a device and ‘Next’. The TV signal playing is displayed.
Select your device type.
Select the manufacturer of the selected device.
Check if the IR Blaster is firmly plugged into the IR Blaster port and is placed near the remote sensor of your device and select ‘Next’.
Select ‘Send POWER’ to test the code. If the code is not matched, select ‘No, try next code’ to find the corresponding code. If the code is matched, select ‘Yes’. (If your ZIP code is not correct, change the ZIP code by selecting Change ZIP code.) Select ‘Done.’ Your device is registered.
This step allows your Magic Remote to control a full array of audio devices, such as a home theater system and soundbar.
Select the brand of your audio device.
Next you’ll need to identify the product code that will connect your audio equipment with the IR Blaster.
NOTE: If you can change the volume by pressing volume up/down on the Magic Remote, then the correct IR blaster code has been selected and you can proceed to the next step. If you can’t adjust the volume, click on ‘No, try next code’ to access the next code until you are able to successfully change the volume.
Once you have identified the correct code, select ‘Yes’. Your device is registered.
Now, press Fn + 5 to test the code. And select ‘Next’.
Select the default output between Audio amplifier and TV speakers. And Select ‘Done’. The setting is finished.