Ensuring the Right Setup
This is where the magic begins. Here is some simple assistance for unpacking your LG Smart TV with Google TV and getting to know your accessories. Watch this video to begin your easy setup experience.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE UNPACKING INSTRUCTIONS AND ACCESSORIES INFO
Your LG Google TV is great for all sorts of entertainment—digital cable, video gaming, online content, videos from your phone, you name it! If you need help setting them up, the diagrams below should remove some of the guesswork.
- To prevent equipment damage, never plug in any power cords until you have finished connecting all equipment.
- Image shown may differ from your TV.
Connect the different external devices to the ports on the TV back panel.
- Find the device you want to connect to your TV as shown in the illustration.
- Check the connection type of the external device.
- Go to the appropriate illustration and check the connection details.
CONNECT TO HD RECEIVER, DVD OR BLU-RAY
Your DVD, Blu-Ray, and HD Cable Box are all just moments away from being connected to your Google TV!
CONNECT TO A PC
You have a choice of two methods to connect your PC to your Google TV: either use a HDMI Connection or a DVI to HDMI Connection. Take a look at both methods A and B.
- It is recommended to use the TV with the HDMI connection for the best image quality.
- Depending on the graphics card, DOS mode may not work if a HDMI to DVI Cable is in use.
- In PC mode, there may be noise associated with the resolution, vertical pattern, contrast or brightness. If noise is present, change the PC output to another resolution, change the refresh rate to another rate or adjust the brightness and contrast on the PICTURE menu until the picture is clear.
- Depending on the graphics card, some resolution settings may not allow the image to be positioned on the screen properly.
CONNECT TO AN AUDIO SYSTEM
You can use an optional external audio system instead of the built-in speaker—but if you do so, make sure to set the TV speaker feature to off.
The Digital Optical Audio Connection transmits the digital audio signal from the TV to an external device. Connect with the optical audio cable as shown in the illustration.
CONNECT TO USB DEVICE
Want to hook up your LG Google TV with a USB storage device? It's easy! You can connect your USB flash memory, memory card reader, or an external hard drive right to your TV.
- Choose any USB input port to connect—it doesn't matter which port you use.
- Some USB Hubs may not work. If a USB device connected using a USB Hub is not detected, connect it to the USB port on the TV directly.
Ready to hook up your LG Google TV to a wireless network? Simply connect the TV to a router with a LAN cable. Or, connect with Wi-Fi by accessing Network Setup in the initial Setup Wizard. For seamless internet streaming LG recommends a stable 4 Mbps broadband speed and 1.5 Mbps as a minimum.
*Wireless internet connections & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. Content and services vary by product and are subject to change without notice.