SETTING UP YOUR LG GOOGLE TV WITH EASE
Set Up Wizard gets you up and running with easy step-by-step instructions right on your screen. All you need is a few minutes and your Magic Remote with QWERTY keyboard to get started.
You can use the guide below, consult your manual or follow along with this instructional video to help you get set up properly.
Ready? Simply press the Pointer-Gesture button on your Magic Remote to initiate Setup Wizard, and follow these easy steps.
- Click on the Center wheel button on the remote to pair your Magic Remote with your TV.
- Select your TV environment. 'HOME' is probably best suited for just about everyone. Then choose your STANDBY MODE preference.
- Choose how you're connected to the Internet: ethernet cable or wireless.
- Since this is the LG Google TV, you'll want to enter your Google account. Enter your Google email address, or create a free account if you don't have one.
- Enter your ZIP code to make sure you get the correct programming for your area.
Now, we're ready to set up your TV service. Indicate the appropriate service category—for the majority of owners, it's
Option 1—having cable, satellite or other TV service with a set-top box. Indicate which port your set top box is connected
to and the type of device you're setting up. Choose your TV service provider based on your zip code. Select your device
manufacturer. Finally, let's connect the IR blaster (more info on that below).
Back to top
Connecting the IR Blaster
Now, you'll set up the IR blaster, a cable with sensors that's included with your TV.
In case you're not familiar with the role of an IR Blaster, it lets you control channels
and audio options with just your Magic Remote. Control multiple devices with a single remote!
Connecting to Your Set-Top Box
- Connect the IR Blaster Cable to the TV, as seen in the image above, and place the transmitter in front of the Set-top box.
- Go to Home > All Apps > Settings > Video input > Add device manually.
- Select a device and 'Next'. The TV signal playing is displayed.
- Select your device type.
- Select your TV service provider (when device type is Cable box, Satellite receiver or DVR).
- Select the manufacturer of the selected device.
- Check if the IR Blaster is firmly plugged into the IR Blaster port and is placed near the remote sensor of your device and select 'Next'.
- Select 'Send POWER' or Press 'CH up/down' to test the code. If the code is not matched, select 'No, try next code' to find the corresponding code. If the code is matched, select 'Yes'.
- Select 'Finish.' Your device is registered.
Occasionally, you may encounter content and apps that have been blocked, or are not optimized for Google TV.
If you see this message on your screen, contact the service provider or app developer to inquire about availability.
Back to top
Audio Amplifier Control Setup
This step allows your Magic Remote to control a full array of audio devices, such as a home theater system and soundbar.
- Connect the IR Blaster Cable to the TV. Place the transmitter in front of the Audio amplifier.
- Go to Home > All Apps > Settings > Option > Audio amplifier.
- Select "Yes, I have an Audio amplifier" and "Next."
- Select the manufacturer of the receiver.
- Test the code. If the code is not matched, select "No, try next code" to find the corresponding code.
- Select 'Yes'. Your device is registered.
- Now, press Fn + 5 to test the code. And select 'Next'.
- Select the default output between Audio amplifier and TV speakers. And Select 'Done'. The setting is finished.
Your IR Blaster can work with a variety of devices. For a Code List, refer to your Owner's Manual (pages 66 – 68).
Back to top
*Wireless internet connections & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. Content and services
vary by product and are subject to change without notice.