Ensuring the Right Setup
If you need some answers to your setup questions, they should all be right here. We cover the HD receiver, hooking up to your wireless connection, getting your PC set up and finding the ideal placement of your TV.
FIND YOUR ANSWERS BELOW
- Finding the right distance to sit from your TV
- Setting up your external HD devices
- Connecting to your audio system
- Connecting to your Blu-ray player
- Connecting to your gaming system
- Connecting with HDMI
- PC Setup
Where you position your TV in relation to where you'll usually be sitting can make a big difference. Find the size of your screen below and we'll show you the ideal distance between the viewing area and the TV.
Your LG TV is great for all sorts of entertainment—digital cable, video gaming, and a host of other devices. If you need help setting them up, the diagrams below should remove some of the guesswork.
- To prevent equipment damage, never plug in any power cords until you have finished connecting all equipment.
- Image shown may differ from your TV.
HOW TO CONNECT:
- Connect the video outputs  (Y, PB, PR) of the digital set-top box to the COMPONENT IN VIDEO 1, 2, or 3* jacks on the TV. Match the jack colors (Y = green, PB = blue, and PR = red).
- Connect the audio output  of the digital set-top box to the COMPONENT IN AUDIO 1, 2, or 3* jacks on the TV.
HOW TO USE:
- Turn on the digital set-top box. (Refer to the owner's manual for the digital set-top box operation.)
- Select the Component1, Component2, or Component3 input source on the TV using the INPUT button on the remote control.
* Component3: For LED LCD TV
You can connect your audio system to your TV using either analog or digital connections, depending on what output jacks your TV and audio system have. Follow these simple steps to get everything connected.
Connecting your Blu-ray player
Depending on the type of connection you choose to use, there are a few ways to connect your Blu-ray player to your TV.
Most gaming systems can connect to your TV using a variety of cables. Determining which cables you should use depend on what cable jacks you have available on your television and your personal preference for how you wish to experience your gaming content. Here are some helpful links from a few manufacturers to help you get set up.
HDMI is a type of high-definition digital connection that can transmit both audio and video signals over the same cable. Your new LG TV comes with several HDMI ports and connecting to external devices is quite easy. Simply connect the one end of the HDMI cable to one of your TVs HDMI input ports and then connect the other end to your HD device's output ports.