LG Dryers are equipped with all of the latest innovations, even when it comes to troubleshooting. The Smart Diagnosis™ Technology helps diagnose and solve any problems that may be encountered quickly and correctly.
NOTE: The Smart Diagnosis™ feature is a different feature and app from the smartThinQ™ feature that is available on some models. For more information on smartThinQ™, visit the LG smartThinQ™ website for more information.
There are two ways to diagnose problems using Smart Diagnosis™:
With the addition of the free Smart Diagnosis™ App, problems can be diagnosed without ever needing to call an LG representative. This application can record and analyze the special tones emitted by Smart Diagnosis™ dryers and can instantly provide troubleshooting steps to get the problem fixed.
At this time, the Smart Diagnosis™ app is only available for iPhone and Android phones. If you do not have an iPhone or Android phone, simply contact LG Customer Service at 1-800-243-0000. A representative will assist you in running the Smart Diagnosis™ test over the phone.
To run the Smart Diagnosis™ feature:
- Open the Smart Diagnosis™ App in your phone.
- Press the POWER to turn on the dryer.
- Place the mouthpiece of your phone very close to the POWER button.
- Press and hold the TEMP. CONTROL key for three seconds, while holding the phone mouthpiece to the icon or POWER button.
- Keep the phone in place until the tone transmission has finished. This takes about 10 seconds, and the display will count down the time.
- Follow the troubleshooting guide displayed by the Smart Diagnosis™ App. In some instances, the app may display a code instead of troubleshooting information. In this case, simply contact us for more detailed information and guided help.
If you encounter a problem with the dryer and you are unable to resolve the issue using our online Help Library, simply contact us. LG Support Representatives will ask you to press a few buttons, and your dryer will emit a tone to communicate operational information that allows us to give you a precise diagnosis for some issues over the phone.
Contact LG Customer Service at 1-800-243-0000.
When prompted, press the POWER button to turn on the dryer.
When prompted, place the mouthpiece of the phone very close to the POWER button.
Press and hold the TEMP. CONTROL key for three seconds, while holding the phone mouthpiece to the icon or POWER button.
Keep the phone in place until the tone transmission has finished. This takes about 10 seconds, and the display will count down the time.
Once the countdown is over and the tones have stopped, resume your conversation with the LG Support Representative, who will then be able to assist you using the informat