Your LG TV has several settings that can be used to customize your viewing experience. Below is a list of the available Lock Menu settings, click on any one to learn more.
Note: To access any settings besides Lock System and Set Password, you'll have to change Lock System to ON. The default password is 0-0-0-0.
Provides the option to require a password (four digit PIN code) for certain TV functions. The other Lock Menu options can be selected to password protect.
Access to the TV can be password protected. Set the password with a four digit PIN code.
Note: The default password is 0-0-0-0.
Select specific channels to block content from viewing. Content can only be viewed with the TV password. Channel blocking is useful for protecting children from adult content.
Use the OK button on your remote to select/deselect password protection from the list of currently programmed channels.
Select specific movie ratings to be password protected. Because some movie ratings may not be suitable for all members of the family, blocking this content is an option. The standard Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) rating system guidelines:
- G - (General Audiences) All ages admitted
- PG - (Parental guidance suggested) Some matrial may not be suitable for children
- PG-13 - (Parents strongly cautioned) Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13
- R - (Restricted) Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian
- NC-17 - No one 17 and under admitted
- X - Adults only
Select specific content with TV ratings suitable for children. Content will be blocked that does not meet the criteria.
- Age - TV-Y (All children, including children ages 2-6), TV-Y7 (Directed to older children, suitable for children age 6 and above)
- Fantasy Violence - TV-Y7 (Directed to older children - Fantasy Violence, suitable for children age 6 and above, containing more intense or combative fantasy violence)
Block TV programming based on the Parental Control Function (V-Chip) rating system.
- Age -
- TV-G (General audience, suitable for all ages)
- TV-PG (Parental guidance suggested, containing material that are unsuitable for younger children)
- TV-14 (Parents strongly cautioned, containing material that is unsuitable for children age 14 and under)
- TV-MA (Mature audiences only, unsuitable for children age under 17)
- Dialogue - (suggestive dialogue) TV-PG or TV-14
- Language - (coarse language) TV-PG, TV-14, or TV-MA
- Sex - (sexual situation) TV-PG, TV-14, or TV-MA
- Violence - TV-PG, TV-4, or TV-MA
This option is only available if the TV receives Region5 Rating data, which is not available in the US.
Block TV input from a specified source. Access to these inputs will require a password.
Note: Only devices hooked into the locked port will require a password. If the device is moved to a different input, the lock will not be applied to the new input unless it is set through this menu.