The LG TV Safety Menu settings allow you to customize your personal viewing experience. Below is a list of the available Safety Menu settings, click on any one to learn more.
Note: The default password is 0-0-0-0.
Note: Make sure the button says ON to access these settings.
TV Program Locks
Restrict access to TV programs and movies based on their ratings.Click an item below for more information.
Block TV programs based on content rating.
Note: If you select TV-14, TV shows rated TV-14 and TV-MA will be blocked.
- Children Age - TV-Y (All children, including children ages 2-6), TV-Y7 (Directed to older children, suitable for children age 6 and above)
- Children Fantasy Violence - TV-Y7 (Directed to older children - Fantasy Violence, suitable for children age 6 and above, containing more intense or combative fantasy violence)
- General Age -
- TV-G (General audience, suitable for all ages)
- TV-PG (Parental guidance suggested, containing material that are unsuitable for younger children)
- TV-14 (Parents strongly cautioned, containing material that is unsuitable for children age 14 and under)
- TV-MA (Mature audiences only, unsuitable for children age under 17)
- General Dialogue - (suggestive dialogue) TV-PG or TV-14
- General Language - (coarse language) TV-PG, TV-14, or TV-MA
- General Sex - (sexual situation) TV-PG, TV-14, or TV-MA
- General Violence - TV-PG, TV-4, or TV-MA
Block movies based on rating.
Note: If you select R, movies rated R, NC-17, and X will be blocked.
- G - (General Audiences) All ages admitted
- PG - (Parental guidance suggested) Some matrial may not be suitable for children
- PG-13 - (Parents strongly cautioned) Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13
- R - (Restricted) Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian
- NC-17 - No one 17 and under admitted
- X - Adults only
Requires Region5 Rating data, which is not currently available in the US.
Restrict access to specified channels.
- Source Selection - Set the source of the channels to display.
- Lock All - Sets all channels (from the current source) to require a PIN.
- Select individual channels to lock by hovering over them and clicking the OK button.
Restrict access to specified apps.
- Lock All - Sets all apps to require a PIN.
- Select individual apps to lock by hovering over them and clicking the OK button.
Restrict access to specified inputs.
- Lock All - Sets all inputs to require a PIN.
- Select individual inputs to lock by hovering over them and clicking the OK button.
Reset PIN Code
Sets a new PIN code (password).
Note: The current password must be known to complete this action. The first prompt will require the current password, the second will ask for the new password.