LG G FLEX LS995 KEYBOARD BASICS
The on-screen keyboard displays automatically on the screen when you need to enter text. To manually display the keyboard, simply tap a text field where you want to enter text. There are following types of keyboards that you can use: Google voice typing, Android keyboard (AOSP), and LG Keyboard.
The LG Keyboard modes include QWERTY keyboard, Phone keyboard, and Handwriting recognition.
From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Language & input > tap Gear icon to the right of LG Keyboard
With the LG Keyboard open, touch and hold the Pencil icon , then tap the Gear icon . Google Voice typing is off by default.
Tap Language, place a checkmark next to the desired language then tap its respective Gear icon
Select between the three keyboard types:
- Android Keyboard (AOSP) - Standard android keyboard.
- LG Keyboard - Standard keyboard layout.
- Swype - To enter a word, draw a path through the letters.
- Google voice typing - Google voice recognition to convert speech to text.
Note: Options may vary depending on input language selected.
To select Handwriting recognition, tap the Pencil icon
Google voice typing uses Google voice recognition to convert speech to text.
Note: Icon defaults to the last selected option. Long press to see additional options. Google voice typing input method and Voice input under the LG Keyboard settings menu must be checked for microphone icon to display as option on keyboard.
To enable voice typing, from the Home screen tap Apps > Settings > Language & input > checkmark Google voice typing
Speak into the phone's microphone and watch your text being entered on screen.
If the text is incorrect, tap the word and correct it.
If more than one keyboard is installed, with the LG Keyboard open, swipe down from the Notification Panel and tap Choose input method to select another keyboard.
Tap the application you want to uninstall.
Tap Uninstall and then OK to uninstall.
To enter a word, draw a path through the letters. A space will be inserted automatically after each word.
To enable Swype, from the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Language & input > tap Default and select Swype.
To enable Gesture controls, from the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Language & input . Tap the Gear icon next to LG Keyboard, then tap Keyboard gesture. Place a checkmark next to the options to enable.
- Hide keyboard - Show keyboard by tapping any text field to view the keyboard. To hide the keyboard, swipe down or tap the Back key .
- Split keyboard - Split the keyboard in two using your fingers in landscape mode. To split, place two fingers on center of keyboard and drag outward. Each half withdraws to the left and right of the screen. Alternately place two fingers on the outside of the keyboard and drag inward to return to normal.
- One-handed operation - Swipe the keyboard left or right to adjust the position of LG keyboard.