We are pleased to announce the latest Android software update, version UK41011a for the LG G Pad is now available.
To check what version of software is installed on your device:
From the Home Screen, tap Apps > Settings > About tablet
Tap Software info.
View the current software under Software version.
Select software for more info:
- Security updates (including Stagefright).
- General maintenance.
When the software update is available and downloaded, the update icon will display in the status bar at the top of the screen. Swipe down from the top and tap the notification.
Tap Install now.
Note: If the software update has not already downloaded, tap Download, once complete tap Install now. Postpone the update by tapping Later and selecting a time.
If prompted, connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the software update.
Your device will restart to perform the update.
When the update is complete, your device will restart and transition through a series of alerts stating Android is upgrading. Once your device has powered on you will be notified that the software update successfully installed. Tap OK to close the notification.
If you have not been notified of an available software update, you can manually check if one is available.
From the Home Screen, tap Apps > Settings > About tablet > Update Center.
Tap Software Update > Check now for update to manually check for a new update.
You will be prompted if a new software update is available. Continue from Software Update, step 1.
Click here to download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your computer, then open.
Note: You will need a PC running:
Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), XP, Vista, 7, or 8
CPU - 1.8 GHz or higher
Memory - 1 GB or higher
Hard Disk Drive - 9 GB or higher available
Administration rights on the PC for software installation
High-speed internet connection
Connect your device to your PC.
Tap Start Upgrade within the LG Mobile Support Tool to begin.
- Device will progress through Analysis, Download, Update and Complete during the update process.
- While updating, the device will power off and enter a download mode at 5% completion. This is normal. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE!
- At approx 95% of completion, the device will power on. This may take several minutes. This is normal. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE!
- If your software update stops before it has completed, please do not close the update tool and try the update again. Additional troubleshooting steps are below.
The tool will notify you when the update is complete. Tap Exit to return to the main screen.
Wait for device to power on. Once powered on, the device will reconnect to the LG Mobile Support Tool. When connected, observe that the version number reflects the latest Software UK41011a. It is now OK to DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE.
If the device software upgrade stopped before completion, please do not close the update tool and try to update again following original instructions.
If you already closed the update tool, and the device will not turn on normally, please follow the steps below:
- Remove back cover and battery.
- Record IMEI/ESN/MEID from device label in battery well.
- Replace battery and back cover.
- Open LG Mobile Support Tool.
- Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
- From the drop down menu, select Options > Upgrade Recovery.
- Enter your device information and tap OK.
- After checking the device information, it will start to update automatically. If it does not work, the device may require service to attempt recovery.