Rated 5 out of 5 by Gail Patrick My summery is 5 stars
My husband and I are getting on in years. This is a fantastic TV. Can't say anything bad about it. I started out by buying an LG refridgerator which led to a washer dryer, which led to this fantastic entertainment from the LG TV. If I have to buy anything more, it will always have the LG name on it.
Gail Patrick Mallory
March 19, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DHarma Prevents CC (Closed Captions)
This is an otherwise great tv. It has great color, great performance and even the 3D shows very well. The only thing about it I don't like is the fact that this tv prevents Closed Caption signals from older dvd's. Believe me, I've tried everything to make it work, even buying different dvd & blue-ray players to no success. It seems that dvd's and even some blue-ray's made a few years ago are prevented from displaying CC on the screen. I have a hearing impaired daughter and this is a deal breaker. I don't recommend this otherwise tv, until LG fixes this problem!
February 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by tw1steel good all around tv
great for games and movies. fun for the whole family. We enjoy watching 3D nature shows they are the best experiance
April 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dr.T Addicted to it!
Best thing about it is turning it on and watching movies.
Worst thing about it is turning it off to go to work.
April 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by dbj_cyclist Great 3D without breaking the bank
This is our first 3D TV of our own, even though we've experienced a number of others. For our use, the set is really great:
- 55" seems to be the new "sweet spot" for TVs...any bigger and the price accelerates
- LOVE the passive 3D technology--with kids and neighbors, you don't want to be fighting a losing battle to protect expensive glasses
- For our use--mostly movies--the TV is just great. However, we're enjoying some HD March Madness and don't have any complaints--I know you can get sets that are more "smooth," but we're doing just fine
- Didn't need the "Smart" features...our 3D Blu-Ray came with that, so we just use it there--it's a much cheaper way to get most of the same functionality
- 3D quality is really stunning, without any dizziness reported by any of our gang. Even my wife, who was a HUGE skeptic before we went 3D, has fallen in love.
March 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by velvet47 LOVE THIS TV!!!
This tv has a beautiful picture! The color is awesome and the 3d is great! Looks just like in a theater!! There is nothing that I don't love about this tv. I have had an LG tv before and they are my absolute favorite brand. Very easy to hook up and the settings are very user friendly. I would recommend this tv to anyone!!
March 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by hunter24572 love it just wish it was a smart tv and 3d is good
excellent tv overall
pros it has excellent picture and 3d quality comes with a soundbar and it has a usb port for movies the picture shows up great
cons 3d doesn't do well at angles and sound on tv itself isn't very good but with the soundbar its pretty good also its missing a vga adapter and theres no rca sound out which sucks overall lobe this tv
April 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Maddiesdaddie Use your Blue Ray. The picture really pops!
Other than the set could use more HDMI plugs, this is a great value for the quality and the picture. Love the options for picture settings. This set is made for the surround sound and Blue Ray 3D films. Really makes them pop! The kids like using the 3D option on their regular movies. They use it so much that now I need another one for my room!
April 21, 2013