LG Electronics Unveils “New Scarlet”
- 05, 26 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa, March 26, 2009 – “Stylish form meets function” was the name of the game when LG Electronics unveiled their stylish new range of LCD and Plasma TV’s in Johannesburg this week.
Drawing on its new design philosophy: “Advanced Technologies, Beautifully Hidden”, the new range of TV’s all have four major technologies as their cornerstones – Blue Tooth, Smart energy saving, Invisible Speakers, and USB 2.0.
“Our core technologies add an extraordinary level of value to LG HDTVs, making the transition to HDTV for the consumer as simple as possible” said Dr. Michelle Potgieter, Marketing Director, LG Electronics South Africa. “Consumers are looking for HDTVs that not only look beautiful, but are also easy to set up and adjust.”
LG’s four core technologies offer the HDTV-user easy calibration options that personalise video and audio to sample the type of content and viewing environment:
• Bluetooth – The built-in Bluetooth allows one the benefits of playing music and photos on the screens via a cellular phone. In addition, the TV can also be listened to, via a Bluetooth headset.
• Smart Energy Saving – This senses colour temperature and illumination of the surroundings. The intelligent Sensor optimizes the picture by adjusting key elements like brightness, contrast, color, sharpness, white balance and the intensity of the back light. By adjusting the key elements the screen not only gives the best picture but the Intelligent sensor uses up to 69.5% less energy.
• Invisible Speakers – The invisible speaker system has been custom-tuned by audio expert Mr. Mark Levinson. This unique system provides a clean, polished look and an enhanced auditory experience by increasing the “sweet spot” and providing a wider sound field.
• USB 2.0 – This input can be found on the left side of the screens and was upgraded from 1.1 to 2.0. This offers faster and easier access to multimedia – with a transfer speed of 480Mb per second allowing the benefits of watching Divx movies and playing music and photos on the screens. The hot plug system also allows you to disconnect any device even while TV is turned on.
These core technologies together with other innovations and improvements and advancements come standard with LG’s new range of HDTV’s. The televisions unveiled in Cape Town include the following:
• LG 42LH20 – In addition to HD resolution, Invisible Speakers, Clear Voice II and AV mode II, the LG 42LH20R has two HDMI inputs as well as Smart energy saving, using up to 69.5% less energy.
• LG 42LH50 – Full HD resolution 1080P, Smart energy saving (using up to 69.5% less energy), TruMotion 200Hz, 1Ms response time GtoG, USB 2.0 (which allows music, photo’s and DivX Movies to be played back onto screen) Invisible Speakers, Clear Voice, AV Mode II and 3xHDMI inputs.
• LG 42LH70 – With the LG 42LH70, LG unveils “New Scarlet” the world’s slimmest LCD design with a depth of only 39.7mm. In addition to the core technologies present in the entire new range of LG LCD’s – the LG 42LH70 has Bluetooth which allows music and photos to be played on the screen via a cellular phone as well as listen to the TV sounds through a blue tooth head set, full HD 1080P Resolution, Smart energy saving (using up to 69.5% less energy), ISF Calibration, Trumotion 100Hz, AV mode, Clear Voice II, USB 2.0, Invisible speakers, and 4x HDMI inputs.
• LG 42LG80 – The LG 42LG80 comes standard with Full 1080P HD resolution, 3.1 surround sound, side Auto sliding speakers as well as a rear woofer, a total of 50 Watts Sound Output, AV Mode, Clear Voice II, USB 2.0, 2xHDMI inputs.
• LG 42PQ30 – The LG 42PQ30 has a 100 000 panel life span, corresponding 600Hz, fast response time of 0.001ms, USB input (which allows music, photos and DivX movie to be played back on the screen), invisible speaker, Smart energy saving and 3xHDMI inputs.
• LG 42PQ60 – The LG 42PQ60 has a new single layer design, HD resolution, corresponding 600Hz, fast response time of 0.001Ms, USB 2.0 (for playing back of music, photos and divx movies), Dual XD engine, AV mode, Clear Voice II and 3x HDMI inputs.
• LG 42PQ70 – With a new single layer design, HD Ready resolution, 600Hz corresponding, fast response time of 0.001ms, Bluetooth which allows music and photos to be played on the screen via a cellular phone as well as listen to the TV sounds through a blue tooth head set, USB 2.0 (which allows music, photo’s and DivX Movies to be played back onto screen), Super Bright Panel, Invisible Speaker, AV Mode, Smart energy saving, Clear Voice II and a life span of 100 000 hours.
• LG 50PQ60 - With a new single layer design, HD Ready resolution, 600Hz corresponding, fast response time of 0.001ms, USB 2.0 (which allows music, photo’s and DivX Movies to be played back onto screen), Super Bright Panel, Smart Energy Saving, Invisible Speaker, AV Mode, Clear Voice II and a life span of 100 000 hours.