LG Win 1 of 5 Competition07, 25 2016 ~ 09, 21 2016
Terms and Conditions – Win 1 of 5 LG competition
By entering the LG Win 1 of 5 competition (“Campaign”), you, the Participant, are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Campaign is organized by LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”) and is open to and afforded to all members of the public purchasing any LG Television or home appliance (“products”) from participating stores and who reside in the South Africa, are natural persons and who are 18 (eighteen) years of age at the commencement at the date of the Campaign.
- This Campaign excludes employees, directors, all agents/agencies, contractors and consultants of LG and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associate, or business partners of LG, LG’s associated companies, and outlet owners and their immediate families and staff.
- The campaign starts on 25/07/2016 and ends on 21/08/2016 inclusive (“Campaign Period”). During this period, you can enter the Competition by:
- Purchasing any product as defined in clause 1 from participating stores and;
- SMS the word TV for the purchase of a LG Television or SMS the word LG for the purchase of a LG home appliance to 42065 during participating dates. SMS cost of R1.50 at standard SMS rates apply. Free and SMS bundles do not apply.
- The prizes that could be won are: 1 of 5 49” LG Smart Television sets (model number: 49UH617V.AFB) with a purchase of an LG Television and/or 1 of 5 LG Solardom microwaves (model number: MA3884VC.BSSQSAF) with the purchase of any LG home appliances (fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, dishwasher) (“Prizes”).
- Upon receipt of all valid SMS entries, LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd shall randomly choose 10 winners from the entrants.
- Entry is strictly limited to (1) one SMS entry per product purchased.
- Winners will be required to produce a valid proof of purchase of the product.
- In the case of the Television prize, winners will be required to produce a valid South African Television Licence (in the winner’s name) in order to claim the prize. LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd shall determine the validity of the proof of purchase and Television Licence in its sole and absolute discretion. Should a winner be unable to produce a valid South African Television Licence (in the winner’s name), the winner will be disqualified and LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to draw another winner.
- Winners will be drawn on the 22nd August 2016. The prize winner/s will be notified via SMS and/or telephonically within 72(seventy two) hours from draw. Should a winner not be contactable or be unable to produce a valid proof of purchase of the product, the winner will be disqualified and LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to draw another winner.
- In order to claim the prize (and in addition to the other requirements stated herein), the winner must provide a valid delivery address in South Africa.
- Prizes will be delivered by LG at no charge to the winner as follows:
- LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd will contact the winner and arrange for delivery at the winner’s physical address within South Africa.
- The prize cannot be transferred, refunded, substituted, amended, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
- LG shall not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in the utilisation of the prizes
- All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner upon transfer thereof and hence all of LG’s obligations in regard to this Campaign as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of this Campaign and/or the Terms and Conditions, LG’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
- User data collected via this Campaign will not be used for any other purpose than for this Campaign only.
- LG shall utilize all reasonable precautions to ensure that all participants’ personal information is kept safe and secure during the promotion period and shall dispose of such information thereafter.
- LG may refuse to supply the prize if Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason.
- Neither LG nor any other person or party associated with this Campaign, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in this Campaign, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in this Campaign or from utilising the prize.
- LG reserves the right to amend, cancel, terminate or alter this Campaign immediately and without notice in the event that this Campaign is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all winners hereby waive any rights which they may have against LG and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant(s) hereby indemnifies LG against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Campaign.
- The Campaign shall not impose any obligation on LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd to make payment for any tax obligations on behalf of the winner/s to the South African Revenue Services and the winner/s shall bear liability for payment of such tax obligations to the South African Revenue Services. The winner/s indemnifies and holds LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd harmless from any and all liabilities which may arise in respect of the above.
- Winners may be requested to attend an LG prize winning ceremony. Any and all costs pertaining and associated to transportation of the winner to the prize winning ceremony will be for the winners account. LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to photograph the winners and use such photographs of the winners for publicity purposes including but not limited to posting such photographs on the LG website. LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd shall not be held liable for any damage of whatsoever nature arising or resulting from the use or submission or uploading of any material, photograph, picture, graphic or image during the competition.
- By submitting an entry, participants accept and unconditionally agree with the above terms and conditions.
- LG may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participant that they are rejected.
- LG may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the LG’s website http:// http://www.lg.com. The onus rests on the winner to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- If this Campaign is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of LG, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, LG reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any winner; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Campaign as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- Save as permitted by Law, LG reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Campaign, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on LG’s website www.lg.com/za No liability shall lie against LG in favor of any winner and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the winner waives his/her right which they may have against LG and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- This Campaign is governed by these terms and conditions.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Campaign shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- LG accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the prize, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of the prize on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Publicity endeavours will be within legal and reasonable ethical confines.