Celebrating 20 Years of Innovation in South Africa - Spin & Win Your Share of R1,000,000 in Prizes10, 21 2016 ~ 12, 31 2016
This campaign officially closed as of 31 December 2016. Participants that have won a prize, but haven’t claimed their prize as yet have until CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON 31 OF JANUARY 2017 to submit their proof of purchase of an LG Electronics product (valid till slip).
To claim a prize, proof of purchase needs to be sent to email@example.com or via WhatsApp to +27 83 644 2926.
Once proof of purchase is validated, the winner will receive an email and/or WhatsApp message by the Promoters authorised agency within 48 hours of receipt of proof of purchase to redeem your prize.
Failure to claim a Prize and/or a refusal or inability to comply herewith, will result in disqualification of the participant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the LG 20 Years of Innovation in South Africa Spin & Win (“Campaign”), you, the Participant, are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The Campaign is organized by LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”) and is open to anyone purchasing any LG product (television, Audio, Air conditioners, home theatre or home appliance (“products”) excludes mobile phones.
- This Campaign is open to participants who reside in South Africa, are natural persons and who are 18 (eighteen) years of age at the commencement date of the Campaign.
- This Campaign excludes employees, directors, agents/agencies, contractors and consultants of the Promoter and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associates or business partners of the Promoter, LG’s associated companies, and outlet owners and their immediate families and staff.
- The Campaign starts on 21st of October and ends on 31st of December 2016 inclusive (“Campaign Period”). In order to participate in the Campaign, the participant is required to purchase any LG products from any participating retailer stockist (Makro, Game, Dion Wired, Hirsch’s, Tafelberg Furnishers, Kloppers, OK Furniture, House & Home, Incredible Connection, P&G, Artic, AJR, Fair Price, Russells, Bradlows, HiFi Corporation, Builders Warehouse, Save Hyper, Metro, Diamond Corner, The Digital Experience, Home Corp, New World, Rafi, Masons, Stax, Sounds Great, Takealot, TV & Appliances Direct, (“Retailers”) of LG consumer products.
- Entry is strictly limited to (1) one entry per product purchased.
- A copy of the Terms and Conditions is available on the LG website www.lg.com/za/promotions. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Competition rules and all Participants agree to abide by the rules.
- To enter the competition, participants need to go enter on line to www.LG20.co.za, follow the displayed prompts to complete your details, click the spin button to stand a chance to win prizes worth R1 000 000. Winners will be required to send valid proof of purchase of the product via firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp on 0836442926.
- Once the proof of purchase is validated, the winner will receive an email and/or WhatsApp message by the Promoters authorised agency within 48 hours of receipt of proof of purchase to redeem your prize.
- In order to claim a Prize, the Winners will be required to provide proof of purchase by producing their till slip/proof of purchase. Winners will be required to send valid proof of purchase of the product via email email@example.com or via WhatsApp on 0836442926.
- The winner will be issued with a unique code to claim the prize.
- If a Winner cannot be reached telephonically within 14 (fourteen) calendar days after the Competition's closing date on the mobile number that he/she has used to enter the Competition, the Prize will be randomly awarded to another Participant who meets the Competition criteria.
- The LG Smart bundle prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not transferable. All Winners will have to claim their Prize within 30 calendar days of the draw, having taken place in South Africa and at that time, identify themselves with a bar coded South African Identification document and sign a confirmation of receipt for any Prize received or alternatively provide an address in South Africa or other means whereby the Prize can be delivered to them in South Africa. Failure to claim a Prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith, will automatically disqualify the Winner and a new Winner may be drawn in the disqualified Winner's place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Upon receipt of all valid SMS entries, the Promoter’s agency will randomly select 5 (five) winners.
- Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash unless otherwise advertised.
- All decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or appeals will be entered into.
- Any person transgressing the rules of this promotion will be disqualified.
- The Promoter is not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. The prize is accepted by the winner at his/her own risk and the Promoter is not liable, at any time, for any death, injury or liability arising as a result of redeeming the prize. The duration of this Promotion may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Promoters. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide notice of this on the Website www.lg.com/za/promotions. It will be the participant’s responsibility to check www.lg.com/za/promotions for any extension and/or alterations of the duration of the campaign.
- The Promoter and/or any of its subsidiaries do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for lost entries, corrupted and/or delayed entries as a result of any network, hardware or software failure, among others, of any kind. Proof of sending an entry, will not be accepted as proof of receipt of an entry.
- All Participants hence indemnify the Promoter, as well as their respective agents, advertisers, suppliers and nominated agents from any loss, damages, liability, claim, expenses, cost orders or demand which may arise as a result of a Participant's entry and/or participation in the Competition and, where applicable, subsequent Prize award and/or delivery arising from negligent acts and/or omissions of the Promoter and/or respective agency.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated online by means of electronic devices such as computers etc. will be accepted. Each Participant and each mobile number may enter up to a maximum of 20 (twenty) TIMES ONLY. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail accounts or other tactics to enter more than the abovementioned limit, may result in disqualification and all associated entries will hence be void. Entries generated by script, macro, bots, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored and/or endorsed by the Promoter, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries by any means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms of this Competition's rules, will void the entry and may disqualify the Participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry in the event of fraud in any form has been committed by any of the Participants.
- By participating in this Campaign, all Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- All Winners will have to claim their Prize within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the draw, having taken place in South Africa and at that time, identify themselves with a bar coded South African Identity documentation and sign a confirmation of receipt for any Prize received or alternatively provide an address in South Africa whereby the Prize can be delivered in South Africa. Failure to claim a Prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith, will automatically disqualify the Winner and a new Winner may be drawn in the disqualified Winner's place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will select a replacement Winner from the Campaign entries at its sole discretion, if and when the original Winner selected is found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, the replacement Winner shall take the place of the disqualified Winner and shall be informed as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- All Participants will be required to provide their full name, email address and other related information when entering this Campaign.
- A copy of the Terms and Conditions is available on the LG Website www.lg.co/za/promotions.
- Any Prize enquiries may be directed during business hours via WhatsApp to 0836442926 from Monday to Friday, between 8:30am to 4:30pm, from 21 October 2016 until 31 December 2016 when this Campaign’s closes. In addition, all email enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Participants agree that the Promoter are unable to, and are not required to, guarantee a particular outcome, a result or set of results from either a Participant's entry and/or participation in the Campaign and/or possible winnings.
- The Promoter does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- All Participants agree that the Promoter may suspend, modify and/or cancel the Campaign should the Campaign continuation be untenable for reasons outside the Promoters control. Reasonable steps will be taken to notify the Campaign Participants, should such steps become necessary. The Promoter shall inform the Campaign Participants which steps it intends taking in this regard. In the event of any disruption to the Campaign, the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy the disruption and resume the Competition on a fair and equitable basis. In the event of such termination, all Participants herewith agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and/or staff.
- The Campaign system for selecting Winners is regularly audited and all Winners are selected on an impartial and random basis.
- This Campaign is in no way organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social media forum. Each Participant acknowledges that he/she is providing his/her information to the Promoter and hence not to Facebook or any other social media forum.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition can be directed to the Promoter via the Consumer Advisory Service and not to Facebook or any other social media forum.
- All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner upon transfer thereof, hence all of the Promoters obligations in regard to this Campaign as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of this Campaign and/or the Terms and Conditions, the promoter’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
- User data collected via this Campaign will not be used for any other purpose than for this Campaign only.
- LG shall utilize all reasonable precautions to ensure that all participants’ personal information is kept safe and secure during the promotion period and shall dispose of such information thereafter.
- LG may refuse to supply the prize if Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason.
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant(s) hereby indemnifies LG against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Campaign.
- The Campaign shall not impose any obligation on the Promoter to make payment for any tax obligations on behalf of the winner/s to the South African Revenue Services and the winner/s shall bear liability for payment of such tax obligations to the South African Revenue Services. The winner/s indemnifies and holds the Promoter harmless from any and all liabilities which may arise in respect of the above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to photograph the winners and use such photographs of the winners for publicity purposes including but not limited to posting such photographs on the LG website. The Promoter shall not be held liable for any damage of whatsoever nature arising out of or resulting from the use or submission or uploading of any material, photograph, picture, graphic or image during the Campaign.
- By submitting an entry, participants accept and unconditionally agree with the above terms and conditions.
- LG may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the LG’s website www.lg.com/za/promotions . The onus rests on the winner to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- If this Campaign is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of LG, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, LG reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any winner; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Campaign as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- As permitted by Law, LG reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Campaign, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on LG’s website www.lg.com/za/promotions . No liability shall lie against LG in favour of any winner and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the winner waives his/her right which they may have against LG and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Campaign shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- LG accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the prize, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of the prize on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
a. It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
b. It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Publicity endeavors will be within legal and reasonable ethical confines.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF PRIZES
R500 Retailer Vouchers
Six (6) participating retailers vouchers that will can be won. Participating retailers are Hirsch’s, Dion Wired, Pick n Pay Hypermarkets, The Digital Experience, Makro and TV & Appliances Direct (online retailer). The prize is a R500 (five hundred Rand) participating retailer voucher.
R500 Cashback Prize
Winners will be required to send valid proof of purchase of the product via email email@example.com or via WhatsApp on 0836442926. For all Cash Prizes to be won, the Winner may be required to provide proof of identity, proof of physical address as well as any other documents generally required by banking institutions in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act before receipt of such Cash Prizes.
Once the proof of purchase is validate the winner will receive an email and/or WhatsApp message by the Promoters authorized agency within 48 hours of receipt of proof of purchase to redeem your prize via an ABSA ATM. Instructions will be provided.
R2 000 Grocery Voucher
R2 000 (two thousand Rand) grocery voucher awarded from Woolworths Group as an online voucher.
1 OF 5 Smart LG Product Bundles worth R100 000 (RSP at the time of publish)
Entry into the draw to win 1 of 5 of smart LG product bundles with R100 000 (RSP at the time of publish); which includes: 1 (one) LG Super UHD Television (model number: 65UH850V.AFB); 1 (one) LG Solardom convection microwave (model number: MA3884VC.BSSQSAF); 1 (one) LG G5 mobile phone (Model number: LGH840.AZAFTN); 1 (one) Titan combo washer & dryer (10,5kg washer, 7kg dryer) (model number: FH4U1JBHK4N.ALSQESA); 1 (one) LG 14 plate dishwasher (model number: D1444LF.ALSQESA).
In the case of the television prize, winners will be required to produce a valid South African Television Licence (in the winner’s name) in order to claim the entire prize. LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd shall determine the validity of the proof of purchase and Television Licence in its sole and absolute discretion. Should a winner be unable to produce a valid South African Television Licence (in the winner’s name), the winner will be disqualified and LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to draw another winner.
All valid entries received between the 21st of October and 31st of December 2016, will go into a random draw that is independently audited, and the first 5 correct and complete entries drawn will be declared the Winners.
All warranties for any tangible Prizes which are won are carried by the manufacturer/ the Promoter, whether explicit or implied with respect to the Prizes and/or its functionality.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with the same or greater value.