LG Vodacom Xcam/G5 R101 000 Promotion
Terms and Conditions – LG Mobile / Vodacom LG XCAM R101 000 Grand Prize Competition
This LG Mobile LG XCAM competition (the “Competition”) is run by LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd (“LG”) and is open to all members of the public who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as at the date of commencement of the Competition Period; reside in South Africa; and are natural persons.
The Competition excludes employees, directors, all agents/agencies, contractors and consultants of LG and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associate, or business partners of LG, LG’s associated companies, and outlet owners and their immediate families and staff.
Entrants that fulfil these requirements will hereafter be referred to as “Participants”.
- This Competition starts at 00:01 on 10th August 2016 and ends at 23:59 on 6th September 2016 (the “End Date”) inclusive (the “Competition Period”).
- One (1) Participant stands a chance of winning the R101 000 grand prize (one hundred and one thousand Rand) in cash (the “Grand Prize”).
- To qualify as a potential winner of the Grand Prize, Participants may enter by signing up for, or upgrading to:
- the promotional LG XCAM 24-month contract deal with Vodacom during the Competition Period; or
- the promotional LG G5 24-month contract deal with Vodacom during the Competition Period.
- Vodacom will randomly select the winner of the Grand Prize by means of an electronic randomiser five (5) working days after the End Date of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name and surname; ID number; physical address; daytime contact number; and the IMEI number of the winner’s LG device (refer clause 3 above) to LG to effect the prize fulfilmentof the Grand Prize, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
- The winner will be notified within (1) week after being selected and verified.
- By submitting pictures to the LG Mobile social media platforms, consumers grant unlimited usage rights to LG to use those images via any marketing medium including Public Relations.
- Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document, permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa from the Competition end date
- Participants may enter multiple times by signing up for more than one contract deal with Vodacom as noted in clause 3 above.
- There are no additional charges for participating in this Competition, but standard data costs as per user’s Service Providers apply.Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
- LG will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically using the contact details provided by the Participant to Vodacom when he / she entered this Competition in accordance with clause 3 above.
- The winner will be contacted during business hours between 08:00 and 17:00.
- LG shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after the winner has been selected. Should a Participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the Grand Prize, that winner’s right to the will be deemed to have been waived and the will be forfeited. LG reserves the right to award to the next Participant drawn at random at its sole discretion.
- The winner must be able to identify himself or herself in a manner determined by LG as the Participant of this Competition and has to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the Prize.
- The winner’s name and location may be displayed on all LG’s social media platforms, website channels and press releases.
- The Grand Prize cannot be transferred, refunded, substituted, amended, or exchanged.
- The duration of this Competition may be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of LG. Participants will be advised of any such change via Facebook (facebook.com/LGMobileSA);Twitter (@LGMobileSA); and Instagram (Instagram.com/lgsouthafrica).
- The prize will only be delivered to physical addresses and will not be sent to postal addresses.
- LG shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner upon transfer/delivery of the Grand Prize.
- All risks and ownership of the Grand Prize shall pass to the winner upon transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of LG’s obligations in regard to this Competition as well as in regard to the Grand Prize shall terminate.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of this Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, LG’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LG may refuse to award the Grand Prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretionto reject any Participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify Participants that they are rejected.
- LG is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or prize redemption process of this Competition.
- LG assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation in this Competition for any reason whatsoever.
- LG has no control over the interception or loss of your personal information over the internet and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
- User data collected via this Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for this Competition only. By entering this Competition, you agree for LG to utilise/store and share your personal information to its affiliated companies.
- Neither LG nor any other person or party associated with this Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in this Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in this Competition or from claiming the Grand Prize.
- LG reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter this Competition immediately and without notice in the event that this Competition is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all Participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against LG and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- LG may refuse to supply the Grand Prize if Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any winner for any reason.
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant(s) hereby indemnifies LG against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Competition.
- The Competition shall not impose any obligation on LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd to make payment for any tax obligations on behalf of the winner/s to the South African Revenue Services and the winner/s shall bear liability for payment of such tax obligations to the South African Revenue Services. The winner/s indemnifies and holds LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd harmless from any and all liabilities which may arise in respect of the above.
- By submitting an entry, participants accept and unconditionally agree with the above terms and conditions.
- LG may refuse to award the Grand Prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify winners that they are rejected.
- LG may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the LG’s website www.lg.com. The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of LG, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, LG reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- Save as permitted by Law, LG reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Competition, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on LG’s website www.lg.com. No liability shall lie against LG in favor of any participant, and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the participant waives his/her right which they may have against LG and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- This Competition is governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Publicity endeavours will be within legal and reasonable ethical confines.