Skip to Contents
Close

How-to & Tips

Find help information for your LG product

Learn about product installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting using our search options.

What should I do if I feel an electric shock when touching a product?

  • How to Install and Operate
  • Others
  • Troubleshooting
  • Built In Appliances
  • Last Updated 04/05/2015

What should I do if I feel an electric shock when touching a product?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Symptom Symptom

   

             1. Electric shock is felt when a user touches a product.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cause cause

 

             1. A weak electric shock can be felt when touching a product if it is connected to a non-grounded outlet.

               

                 Please use a grounded multi-outlet strip with an ampere rating higher than 15A.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to fix How to fix

 .

             1. Do not touch an oven with wet hands when it is plugged into a non-grounded outlet.

  

 

             2. Please make sure to connect to a grounded outlet with an amperage rating higher than 15A.

 

                 A grounded power outlet

 

 

             3. Use a grounded multi-outlet strip with an amperage rating higher than 15A.

    

                                          Check if a power socket is grounded.

               <Check if a power socket is grounded.>

 

 

            4.  If an electric shock is felt from a grounded power socket, unplug a power cord and plug back in.

 

             Use a grounded outlet with an amperage rating higher than 15A .

Article Feedback

1. Overall, how satisfied were you with the usefulness of this article?
1.1 Why did the article not resolve your issue?

Characters left : 500 / 500