Receive help on your LG product
Receive help on your LG product
Check out the latest information related to this product.
For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
Software upgrades include device drivers and firmware updates only for specific models. Check your owner's manual to determine if your product supports software upgrades.
This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows XP/Vista. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at 1-800-243-0000.
1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip file.
2. Connect the drive with USB and no other device on the same port.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the executable file.
6. The downloader program will start. Click the "Load file" tab and look for the ROM Firmware that was included with the download.
6. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage to the drive can occur.
7. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say "Updated OK". Re-boot your PC.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG customer support at 1-800-243-0000.
I tried to disconnect and re-connect the speaker cable Symptom No sound at all How to fix If it is disconnected or not connected properly, it won’t work. Please check the connection. Speaker composition and terminal connection Differently colored bands are attached at the end of the c...
Connection is good How to fix Cable may be worn out or the connection is unstable. If there is a change in your screen as you touch the cable, you need to replace it. When you connect the cable, you need to match color and shape. - For External Input ① Connect cables between OUT termi...
Wrong current time Cause The existing analogue broadcasting equipment are worn out and so the clock may show the wrong time. How to fix You must set manual. And for blackout, the product may be initialized and you need to reset the clock.
I tried using Head Cleaner for tape Cause If noise signal due to crumpled tape or foreign objects is input, it may occur. How to fix ①For wet type tape, add 6 drops of alcohol and insert the tape. Play 20sec. → Forward 10sec. → Rewind 10sec. Do not press Stop button while doing this. ...