OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Official Rules”)
LG PRODUCT REGISTRATION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Official Rules”) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
(1) CONTEST PERIOD (6 months interval): The LG PRODUCT REGISTRATION SWEEPSTAKES (the “ Contest”) begins at 09:00:00 a.m. ET on January 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2020 (the "Contest Period") with two (2) separated Sweepstakes Periods: Period 1 begins on 01/01/20 and ends on 06/30/20; Period 2 begins on 07/01/20 and ends on 12/31/20.
(2) ELIGIBILITY : The Contest is only open to individuals on a singular basis: (i) who are legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and (ii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
(3) HOW TO ENTER : Each Entrant must complete the following four-step processes to register for the Contest and receive one (1) entry into the Contest (an “Entry”):
1. During the Contest Period, visit the LG Canada page at: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/mylg/product-registration and register your newly purchased LG product (the “Product”);
OR 2. During the Contest Period, send a postcard including your name, address, phone number, and email address to LG Electronics Canada, Inc. “Service Sweepstakes”, 20 Norelco Drive, North York, ON, M9L 2X6.
AND 3. Confirm that you: (i) meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest and (ii) have read and accepted these Official Rules;
4. Upon completing the above steps, the Entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest.
Limit of one (1) Entry per Product (as per Rule 3.1) or one (1) Entry per address (as per Rule 3.2). A person may not submit and Entry for both Rules 3.1 and 3.2. All other entries on behalf of an Entrant will be void. All Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced.
If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to, or otherwise discovered by, the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, addresses, product information, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, he/she may be disqualified from the Contest, and any future contests of the Contest Sponsor, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
If, at any time during the Contest Period and prior to awarding any Prize, Contest Sponsor discovers that an Entrant has attempted to register for this Contest other than in accordance with this Rule 3, that Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest at the sole discretion of Contest Sponsor.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the Entrant, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
All Entries must be submitted according to Rule 3. A potential winner of the Prize (the “ Selected Entrant ”) may also be requested to provide the Contest Sponsor with reasonable proof that the Selected Entrant is the Product owner associated with the winning Entry. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person named on the proof of purchase of the Product, provided that person meets all other eligibility criteria of this Contest.
All Entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsor and none shall be returned. Each Entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in each Entry including, without limitation, all copyright in such Entry. The Contest Sponsor shall have the right to edit or modify Entries for use in perpetuity and each Entrant waives any and all moral rights that he/she may have in the Entry.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Contest Sponsor, which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
(4) PRIZE : There is one (1) prize available to be won during the Contest (the “ Prize ”), which consists of:
• One (1) LG G8X ThinQ™ Dual Screen
The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,200.00 CAD. A Prize Winner is not entitled to any difference between the actual retail value of the Prize and the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated herein.
The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
All incidental costs and expenses associated with the Prize that are not specifically referred to herein as being included in the Prize, including, but not limited to carrier costs, service plans, fees and taxes, associated with the Prize, shall be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not cover any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize winner. If the Prize winner does not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place.
Each Prize outlined above must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not transferrable, refundable, for resale or, where applicable, convertible to cash or other tender. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize, or any component of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason, to substitute the same for another prize or component of equal or greater value, without notice or liability. In the event that a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash (where applicable) or otherwise. By accepting the Prize, or a substitute prize, each winner agrees to waive all recourse against Contest Sponsor if the Prize (or substitute prize) or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
(5) WINNER SELECTION (PRIZE DRAW): Random draws from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be conducted to select the potential Prize winner, and will be held at the offices of Contest Sponsor (20 Norelco Dr, North York, ON, Canada M9L 2X6). The Selected Entrant will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor following the draw by email at the address provided by the Selected Entrant to enter the Contest. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond to the Contest Sponsor’s email within twelve (12) hours of the first point of contact (or attempt) by the Contest Sponsor, he/she will be considered to have forfeited his/her entitlement to the Prize and will be disqualified, and another Entrant may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries until such time as contact is made with a Selected Entrant, or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. In the event that an alternate Entrant is required to be selected, this same Winner Selection process will apply to such alternate Entrant. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant. Contest Sponsor is not responsible, for any reason whatsoever, for any failed attempts to contact a selected Entrant.
No telephone contact, direct messaging or other correspondence in association with the Contest will be entered into except with the Selected Entrant.
(6) CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE Upon successful contact with the Selected Entrant via email, that Selected Entrant will be required to provide certain contact information, as requested by the Contest Sponsor (e.g. full name, age, telephone number, email address). To be declared a winner and be awarded the Prize, the Selected Entrant must comply with these Official Rules, answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question provided by the Contest Sponsor, and sign and return a Declaration, Release and Waiver Form (the “Release Form”) to Contest Sponsor (the “ Winner ”). The Release Form will, among other things, (i) confirm compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, (ii) release and forever discharge, as well as indemnify and hold harmless, the Released Parties from all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with: (a) the Prize winner and his/her participation in the Contest; (b) the acceptance, possession or use of the Prize awarded in this Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy or anti-spam violations; and (c) the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection of the Prize winner or the distribution of the Prize awarded in this Contest; and (iii) give consent to Contest Sponsor, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Prize winner’s first and last name, city and province/territory of residence, without compensation, for any publicity, advertising or informational purposes in respect of this Contest and future similar contests, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without future notice.
If the Selected Entrant does not meet all of the Contest requirements, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, refuses to provide the contact information requested by the Contest Sponsor or does not sign and return the Release Form to the Contest Sponsor within the time frame outlined, that Selected Entrant will forfeit his/her entitlement to the Prize and the Contest Sponsor shall be entitled to select another Entrant from the remaining eligible Entries until such time as contact is made with an Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first, as discussed above.
The Contest Sponsor will contact the Winner following receipt of his/her signed Release Form to arrange for delivery of his/her Prize.
GENERAL RULES In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and any instructions or interpretations of these Official Rules given by an employee of the Contest Sponsor regarding the Contest, these Official Rules shall prevail. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
(7) INDEMNIFICATION By submitting an Entry into this Contest, each Entrant confirms his or her understanding of and compliance with these Official Rules. Each Entrant, and his/her representatives, heirs, next of kin or assignees (“ Entrant’s Representatives ”), hereby releases and holds the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant, Entrant’s Representatives or any other person, including personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy or anti-spam violations, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Official Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The Entrant and Entrant’s Representatives agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
(8) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY None of the Released Parties assumes any liability for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries, the selection of Winner or for any printing or other errors in any Contest materials. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of Entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, viruses or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an Entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.
None of the Released Parties assume any liability for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages which may be sustained to an Entrant's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from an Entrant's attempt to either participate in the Contest or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest or use of any website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on any website is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
If there is, as a result of any error, mistake or glitch, more potential winners than contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to hold a random draw amongst all claimants of a prize in order to award the correct number of prizes, which is limited to one (1) for this Contest. In such an event, Contest Sponsor will not be liable, in any respect, to any claimants of a prize for any reason whatsoever.
(9) CONTEST ADMINISTRATION All decisions regarding the Contest remain with the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate any or all parts of the Contest for any reason.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be in violation of these Official Rules. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an Entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief (including attorneys’ fees) from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying Entrants from this and future contests of the Contest Sponsor. In its sole determination, the Contest Sponsor may disqualify any person who acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person and to void all such person’s associated Entries. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest should fraud, virus, bugs, or other reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security, proper play or administration of the Contest.
(10) PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY RIGHTS By accepting a Prize, the Winner grants to the Released Parties the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, image, photos and/or likeness and statements for programming, promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on television, video, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
(11) GOVERNING LAW The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between any person and/or Entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The Contest Sponsor and all Entrants hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter, issue or dispute arising under or in respect of these Official Rules and/or the Contest and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts.
(12) ADDITIONAL TERMS The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Any words herein importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa in both the singular and the plural.
(13) FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS. The Contest is not open to residents of Quebec.