PRECAUTIONARY ADVICE PRIOR TO
BOOTING PHONE THE FIRST TIME
Precautions when booting LG G4 the first time
1. Booting G4 the very first time may take a long while.
- When G4 is booted the first time, it may require longer time than usual.
- It can take up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds while the phone settings are being initialized.
- Long time initialization should take place only once, the first time, and subsequent booting
up will generally only require about 27 seconds.
2. Device may heat up during booting.
- During initial booting (2m 30s), the execution of greater data processing will increase power
consumption by both CPU and memory devices, which may cause the device to heat up.
Apps and user data (contacts, calendar, etc.) can be restored on the new phone with Lollipop
- Depending on the amount of data and applications to be restored, initial booting time and
temperature of the device may rise.
- To reduce device heating up, use Wi-Fi network instead of LTE during the initial setup.
- Avoid restoring features to reduce booting time and power consumption.
After initial booting completed, avoid using features that consume high amount of power such
as UHD video recording or apps.
Update in Play Store to prevent the device from heating up.
Without USIM card inserted, the phone sets screen brightness to maximum and screen
timeout is set to 2 minutes automatically.
That can also increase power usage.
* Please note that greater the power consumption the greater the device temperature