MESSAGING SERVICES OVERVIEW
[G3] SMS messaging
Messaging (texting) services
Your phone combines SMS, MMS and Chat into one intuitive, easy-to-use menu.
1. Tap on the Home screen and tap to open a blank message.
2. Enter a contact name or contact number in the To field. As you enter the contact name, matching contacts
will appear. You can tap a suggested recipient. You can add more than one contact.
For the Chat, chat enabled users are shown only in the contacts.
NOTE: You will be charged for a text message for every person to whom you send the message.
For the Chat, the cost for data usage occurs.
3. Tap the Enter message field and begin composing your message.
4. Tap to open the Options menu. Choose from Quick message, Insert smiley, Schedule sending, Add subject and Discard.
TIP! You can tap the icon to attach the file, that you want to share with message.
5. Tap Send to send your message. If the Send button is shown in the yellow, a message is sent to the Chat.
6. Responses will appear on the screen. As you view and send additional messages, a message thread is created.
WARNING: • The 160-character limit may vary from country to country, depending on the language and
how the SMS is coded. For the Chat, the character limit is determined by the operator.
• If an image, video or audio file is added to an SMS message, it is automatically converted
into an MMS message and you are charged accordingly. If you transfer images from the Chat,
you can attach images larger than its original size and MMS.
• For the Chat, you can make a group chat to press .
Messages(SMS, MMS, Chat) exchanged with another party can be displayed in chronological order
so that you can conveniently see an overview of your conversation.
Changing messaging settings
Your phone message settings are pre-defined, so you can send messages immediately. You
can change the settings according to your preferences.
• Tap the Messaging icon on the Home screen, tap and then tap Settings.