Here at LGE, we encourage innovation in the way we work and throughout our systems in order to achieve sustainable growth even in new business environments. We operate an HR management and training system with a view to enabling every employee to be able to maximize their professional capabilities.
• Ensured objectivity of evaluation through the introduction of an absolute evaluation system
• Active use of ‘Work Talk’, an ongoing evaluation system
• Strengthened our performance-based compensation system
• A horizontal/creative culture built by simplifying the job position system
• Created a self-led and self-driven work environment through promotion by selection
• Strengthened the development of key talent
• Enhanced personalized training
• Promoted voice mail and approval system
• Improved meeting/reporting culture
• Implemented casual attire policy
• Implemented the ‘Refresh’ system to encourage employees to take vacations
• Managed working hours through a flexible work system
• All of our employees and partners have the right to pursue happiness in relation to dignity, value, and work as human beings.
• We instituted various systematic measures to enable all employees to carry out their work and develop their potential to the fullest without experiencing any discrimination or any other disadvantages on account of gender, race, education, religion, etc.
• We have established our own concept of “labor-management relations”, creating common value based on mutual trust and respect.
• We established various channels for labor and management to engage in joint discussions on major labor issues.
• The duty of fair representation is faithfully adhered to for the multiple labor unions.
• Major changes to business operations are discussed in depth by labor and management as soon as they take place.
• Regular discussions of issues and non-dispute negotiations regarding wages and collective bargaining prevent the occurrence of lost opportunities due to labor-management disputes, and lay the foundation for utilizing all workforce capabilities in a drive toward growth.
|Members of Labor Union||10,034 persons (28% of all employees in South Korea)|
|Dispute-Free Period Agreed by Labor and Management
for Wage Negotiations and collective Bargaining
• Junior Board is an organization that represents staff-level administrative workers, and aims to enhance communication between management and employees.
• Through joint meetings with management, the Junior Board conveys the VOE (Voice of Employees) and discusses relevant agenda items.
• At meetings, the Junior Board members share best practice cases of organizational culture in addition to promoting a sound organizational culture throughout the company.
• The Junior Board carries out various social contribution activities, such as promoting donations for charitable causes and volunteering using our products.
• Through the creation of customer value, we focus our energy and efforts on the LG Way in order to become the top company in the market.
• The fundamental competitiveness and long-term goals of our business are based on creating a company that is truly loved by customers on account of the realization of customer value through various innovations.
• We create customer-centered systems and standards by directly conveying and reflecting the customer-centered notion in our work processes through employee meetings and visits to production lines
• We reward customers and employees who have contributed to innovatively enhancing customer value by operating the ‘Customer Value Award’ and the ‘LG Electronics People Award’.
• We strive to internalize our goals and management strategies into the work of each of our employees through active communication between top-tier management and employees, and we continuously listen to opinions from various groups.
• We hold the ‘CEO Talk’ program in which the CEO freely communicates with employees about the direction of changes in business, leadership, and culture, while listening to new ideas and encouraging our employees to keep working hard.
• The CFO shares our quarterly performance with employees through the ‘Management Story with Employees’ program, and carries out activities aimed at increasing our employees general understanding of management through Q&A sessions.
• By continuously strengthening communication between top-tier management and employees, we continue to strive to establish a horizontal hierarchy in which diverse opinions and suggestions can ﬂow freely, regardless of rank within the company.
• We operate Shadow Committee which reflects the opinions of MZ generation
• When brainstorming ideas generally and when generating ideas through product planning and design groups, we listen to the opinions of MZ generation employees and reﬂect them in our products and services.
• We operate real-time online communication channels using video conference systems, live studio and open chat rooms
• We conducted online communication activities such as a LAN meeting with the Managing Director of the H&A Division, a Heart-to-Heart Talk at our Korea Sales Headquarters, a CTO All-Hands Meeting, and an Open Community program for each division
• LG IdeaPot is a crowdsourcing platform through which all employees, both domestically and overseas, are welcome to suggest ideas regarding solving various technical difﬁculties and developing new products and services that reﬂect customer value.
• The LG IdeaPot is in constant operation in the form of idea contests (Challenge) on speciﬁc topics, and suggestions of ideas (Idea Box) for products and services.
• In actual fact, the LG IdeaPot is being used as a place to gather the collective intelligence of employees in order to develop innovative products and services through idea contests like the LG Gram laptop idea contest, the wireless earphone idea contest, and the COVID-19 products and services idea contest.
• LGE Adventure (LGE+VENTURE) is our in-house venture fostering system that aims to tap into the diverse ideas of employees as a resource for new growth engines, and to promote an organizational culture committed to initiatives.
• The selected final in-house ventures are given the opportunity to proceed with commercialization within our company or to go independent as a start-up
• Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020, we have prioritized the safety of our employees and implemented a system of remote work that enables employees to safely work without COVID-related worries. Moreover, we have continued to expand remote work in line with the government's social distancing levels.
• In particular, we continue to provide our employees with necessary information, such as ‘LG’s Smart Remote Work’ guide, and training entitled ‘Remote Work – How to Successfully Manage an Organization’. The provision of this information and training facilitates the ability of employees to clearly recognize and fulﬁll the purpose of remote work.
• We are continuing to strengthen our IT infrastructure in order to facilitate remote work.
- Since 2018, we have been establishing an environment based on cloud computing through which work can be done remotely, regardless of location.
- Through the establishment of video conferencing (Webex, ZOOM, G-Screen) and collaboration tools (Collab, WorkTalk), all types of work can be conducted without physical contact
• Through remote work, we are creating opportunities to move away from conventional ways of working with a view to ‘maximizing employee autonomy and initiative’ and establishing ‘a truly performance-oriented work style’. In addition, even when the COVID-19 crisis comes to an end, we will continue to improve and implement our system of remote work in order to continue to change the way we work and enhance productivity
• We operate care programs tailored to different job positions and age groups in order to enhance job satisfaction and increase happiness in the workplace
• We provide gifts of congratulations and encouragement and messages from senior management to employees who have children entering elementary school or taking college entrance exams
• We provide individual counseling before business trips and supply our employees who must travel and their families with red ginseng, masks, hand sanitizer, first-aid kits, and thermometers in order to prevent infection and protect their health.
• For individuals returning from business trips, we provide a gift card for dining out, a Korean beef set, and a daily necessities set so that employees can enjoy a meal at home with their family. Furthermore, our healing program enables corporate travelers to enjoy some downtime with their family.
• We provide various counseling programs ('a day to face stress', 'a day for healing with aromatherapy') and programs aimed at helping employees manage stress and their emotions ('making candles at home', 'remote volunteer activities', 'a class for handling uncomfortable emotions') with a view to improving the mental health of employees and their families in the era of the ‘Corona Blues.’
• Foster future business leaders, establish digital assessment systems, achieve L&D transformation, procure DX capabilities, and strengthen global business capabilities and our system of autonomous on-site learning in order to achieve continued business success and create future growth engines.
• Creation of Digital Evaluation Center in 2020 → Creation of Design Thinking Center in 2021
• In order to develop future business leaders that can take us forward within the next 10 to 15 years, we identify young and talented employees who display great entrepreneurial potential and, for a speciﬁed period, we support their growth based on ‘individual GROW maps’ (each individual’s roadmap to growth) with a focus on experience, exposure, and education.
• To ensure the systematic and continued growth of key talent, we provide a track-speciﬁc training system. Additionally, we operate a development center aimed at assessing the qualities necessary for becoming a leader in a digital business environment.
• In order to select core positions and foster future talent, we operate an Assessment Center that scientiﬁcally identiﬁes individual competencies and inner characteristics. Through our Virtual Assessment, we are able to remotely identify competencies of employees in both real-time and non-real time.
• We introduced and are currently operating design thinking workshops and consulting programs with a view to creating future sustainable business models and services by newly identifying problems based on user empathy in order to continue to innovate business in the digital era, and by realizing ideas using cutting-edge technologies.
• In addition to the introduction of these programs, we established, outside of the existing ofﬁce, an innovative Design Thinking Center space that we believe will lead to a change in thinking based on diversity, empathy, and agility. Moreover, we continue to support the internalization of customer-centered working methods by cultivating in-house facilitators who display a high understanding of products.
• We support diverse cultivation activities by responding to changes in the overseas business environment in a timely manner and establishing a locally-driven and headquarters-led support process. We provide content from internal experts and leading companies in the relevant ﬁelds in a timely manner so as to systematically secure and reinforce our ability to implement our business strategies.
• In addition, we built a global learning platform that enables data-based personalized learning, networking between learners, and meta-learning.
• In order to cultivate R&D Digital Transformation (DX) experts, we implemented industry-academia programs and practical projects aimed at strengthening the understanding and application of the latest technology trends. Through the introduction of a certiﬁcation process based on expert certiﬁcation committees (with the participation of internal/external experts), we are making concerted efforts to strengthen our company-wide DX capabilities.
• For non-R&D targets, we established and are operating the 'DX Competency Enhancement Package', which covers the whole spectrum from basic DX knowledge to training linkage at the level of R&D experts, in order to ensure the technical competence of personnel performing DX tasks in the ﬁeld in accordance with business needs.
• We operate a variety of regular learning systems that enable employees to partake in prior learning and/or repetitive learning at any place and any time in order to enable them to acquire the competencies required in their ﬁeld of work.
• A platform-based learning system is being operated with a view to providing digital learning material in modules classiﬁed by competency or level. In-house experts in leadership and technology are the main players in actively leading online/ofﬂine lectures and coaching activities aimed at enhancing the capabilities of our employee.
• Since 2006, through the Consortium for National Human Resource Development, we have been conducting educational support activities for our suppliers in order to encourage social contribution and shared growth.
• We conduct a variety of training programs aimed at improving the leadership and job skills of the employees of our suppliers. Our employees visit suppliers in order to support their efforts to increase work productivity by introducing robotic process automation (RPA), and in order to practice mutually-beneﬁcial cooperation.
|Supporting supplier’s training design||790 committed suppliers|
|Implementing leadership/job skill training||Approx. 1,800 employees|