• We established a water inventory, undertake regular evaluation of various water risks such as a lack of water resources, the degradation of water quality, and increasing water consumption, and monitor the amount of water consumption at all of our production sites.
• We introduced a zero discharge system with a view to enhancing the efficiency of water usage by recycling used water for watering plants or as industrial water.
• Our measures to secure emergency water reserves enable us to operate our production facilities for at least two days in the case of an unexpected interruption to our water supply.
|Business Site||Yangjae R&D|
|Secondary Treatment Facilities||Tancheon Water Reuse Center|
|Body of Water Affected by Discharge||Tancheon|
|Business Site||Magok Science Park|
|Secondary Treatment Facilities||Southwest Water Reuse Center|
|Body of Water Affected by Discharge||Han River|
|Secondary Treatment Facilities||Cheongju Sewage Treatment Center|
|Body of Water Affected by Discharge||Seoknam Stream|
|Secondary Treatment Facilities||Gumi Sewage Treatment Center|
|Body of Water Affected by Discharge||Gwangam Stream|
|Secondary Treatment Facilities||Deokjong Sewage Treatment Center|
|Body of Water Affected by Discharge||Jinhae Bay|
• Our chemical substance management practices have been based on LG Chemical Management System since 2013.
• All chemical substances for production and R&D purposes stored or used at any production site in Korea and those procured from suppliers undergo preliminary screening.
• In order to ensure the safe storage of chemical substances, we regularly examine chemical storage facilities at each of our production sites and install chemical leakage prevention facilities.
• We carry out hazardous substance risk assessments so as to enforce chemical management standards and emergency response procedures.
• We developed an IT system to track the entire process of chemical substance management.
• On-site/Online training on issues related to chemical safety management, responses to chemical-related accidents, action tips and evacuation methods, and handling of hazardous materials for workers working at places where hazardous materials
• specific to laboratories regarding the management of chemical substances for employees working in the field of research and development.
• In order to eliminate risks of non-compliance with environmental laws, we conduct environmental assessments at production sites, take measures to correct issues identified in these assessments, and monitor progress.
• We comply with environmental laws by installing and operating pollution prevention facilities, and by continuously improving our environmental management procedures.
• The concentration of air and water pollutants discharged from our places of business is maintained at 50% of the legal discharge limit. We continuously strive to reduce pollutant discharge and maximize the efficiency of pollutant disposal.
• Each business site operates its own pollutant discharge reduction system taking into account the characteristics of the major chemicals and the principal and auxiliary raw materials handled at the site.