- Test conducted, three times at temperature of 27±2℃ and humidity of 60±10%
- Test used two chambers size 3.5m x 5.3m x 2.2m, the chamber with the LG Mosquito away Mobile(LG X230I) assumed to be inside (“inside chamber”) and the chamber without the LG Mosquito away Mobile assumed to be outside (“outside chamber”)
- Cages (25㎤) are placed inside each chamber, connected using netted sleeves to enable the movement of the mosquitoes from one cage to another.
- One person is placed inside the inside chamber to attract mosquitoes
- For each test, 50 lab cultured 3-5 days old mosquitoes were placed in the cage in outside chamber, number of mosquitoes coming into the cage chamber was connected every 10 minutes for 90 minutes under 2 settings
- Control setting (Mosquito repelling ultrasonic OFF)
- Treatment setting (Mosquito repelling ultrasonic ON)
Introduced by LG for the first time in India (based on available market information in public domain)
*Certified by IIBAT ※ Tested in a controlled laboratory setting ; results may very in actual use
IMPORTANT : Long term effect not tested and mosquitoes may be become resistant. Efficiency is reduced in open space and performance is enhanced in enclosed spaces such as in a room or car. Mosquito species used in the test below may differ from the mosquito species of your region.
This product is one of the ways to manage mosquitoes and not intended to replace other protective device against mosquitoes. Some low-level noise may be heard from the speakers when the anti-mosquito feature is activated. It is normal and there is no need to be concerned.
Tested by International Institute of Biotechnology and Toxicology (IIBAT), India, According to LG internal testing method
Test Result :
Found to repel on average 72.3% of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Repel rate shows percentage of mosquitoes prevented from Entering the inside chamber after 90 minutes of Treatment setting compared to Control setting. Represented average of 72.3% Derived from 70.7%, 74%, 72.1%.
Results may very in other setting, including but not limited to temperature, humidity location, space, mosquito species, number of Mosquitoes, number of persons, and operation time.