※ New firmware (ver. RL01) for only GSA-H42N(Internal 18X Super multi DVD Writer)
◆ Improvement Point
1. Improve writing quality for recordable media
2. Add Write Strategy for new DVD media
Refer to the attached file
GSA-H42N Version RL01 Firmware Update
To update the firmware of the GSA-H42N please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in
permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below RL00.
The drives must be original LG branded drives with the DVD Writer
model number GSA-H42N(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name,
please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC's with Windows Vista,
Windows XP and Windows 2000
1. Connect the drive as "master" by it self, on the secondary IDE controller
with no other device on the same IDE cable, making note to set the jumper
on the back of the drive to the "master" position.
2. Download the file GSA-H42N_RL01(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice.
This download includes this "Read me(ew)" text file, as well as the GSAH42N_RL01.EXE
program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.
(If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the update process,
thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray
before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GSAH42N_RL01.EXE program
and Firmware upgrade will be automatically started.
When the UPGRADE is complete the screen should indicate "Re Boot" message
and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update,
as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will
become permanently damaged, as a result.