Performance)Clothes color change _ Top Loader
Washing / Clothes color change
How to fix
Q. Is it look like yellow? Changed color?
Normally cause of change color like yellow is water hard. If water hard is very high, it can be changed.
1. What is hard water?
Water is considered "hard" when it has high levels of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals.
The higher the concentration of these minerals the harder the water is. About 85% of homes in the U.S. have hard water.
2. How does it affect laundry?
If there is no water softener been used then most of the detergent used goes to soften the water rather than to clean the clothes.
Depending on how Hard the water is the clothes can also come out with:
- Yellowish or graying stains on the clothes
- Stiff or harsh feeling fabrics
- White or gray streaks on dark fabrics
3. What can be done about it?
1) Must use HE Detergent and follow the recommended amounts for hard water.
2) Add a water softener to the cycle, following the manufacturer's instructions.