For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
If you don’t have the viewer program, click the link to download it.
* Improvement Point - Improved playability for specific BD titles
* Update Instructions 1) Not following this instruction can cause fatal error/damage to your drive. LG is not responsible for this case. 2) The drive must be a genuine LG brand drive which model name is CH10LS20. 3) If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name, please contact the system manufacturer for supporting. 4) This firmware update can works with Windows based OS(Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP)
1. Connect the drive to the Computer.
2. Download the file "CH10LS20_L102.ZIP" and then unzip.(This folder contains a "CH10LS20_1.02.EXE" program)
3. Close all other programs including screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.(Other programs can cause some interruption while downloading firmware)
4. Be sure that there is no disk in the tray before starting this update.
5. Go into the folder and execute "CH10LS20_1.02.EXE" program.(Firmware upgrade will be automatically started)
6. If this UPDATE completed, Reboot your PC.
- WARNING: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update. Do not cancel the operation once it started.
New firmware (ver. 1.01) for only CH10LS20(SUPER MULTI BLUE BLU-RAY)
-PRODISC BD-R SL 4x support -CMC BD-R DL 6x support -TAIYO YUDEN BD-R SL LTH 6x support -MKM BD-R SL LTH 4x, 6x write quality improvement -New BCA BD disc support
CH10LS20 Version 1.01 Firmware Update To update the firmware of the CH10LS20 please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below 1.01 The drives must be original LG branded drives with the SMB model number CH10LS20(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name, please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC's with Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP
[Critical Instructions: (to be followed carefully)
1. Connect the drive at Computer.
2. Download the file CH10LS20_1.01(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice. This download includes this "Read me(ew)" text file, as well as the CH10LS20_1.01.EXE program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. (If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the updateprocess, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the CH10LS20_1.01.EXE program and Firmware upgrade will be automatically started. When the UPGRADE is complete the screen should indicate "Re Boot" message and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
-. WARNING: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update, as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive. Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will become permanently damaged, as a result.
If you can't find any desired results, please try using the following menu
LG Support Need information? Got a question? We can help. Whether you need to register your product, communicate with an LG Support Representative, or obtain repair service. Finding answers and information is easy with LG online service and support. Owner’s Manuals, requesting a repair, software updates and warranty information are all just a click away.
To Help improve your LG.com experience we would appreciate you completing our survey.