Receive help on your LG product
Receive help on your LG product
Check out the latest information related to this product.
For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
Software upgrades include device drivers and firmware updates only for specific models. Check your owner's manual to determine if your product supports software upgrades.
This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows XP/Vista. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at 1-800-243-0000.
1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip file.
2. Connect the drive with USB and no other device on the same port.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the executable file.
6. The downloader program will start. Click the "Load file" tab and look for the ROM Firmware that was included with the download.
6. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage to the drive can occur.
7. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say "Updated OK". Re-boot your PC.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG customer support at 1-800-243-0000.
Black and white or scrambled image Symptom The image turns into black and white suddenly. How to fix - If it turns into black and white while watching, press the PAUSE button for 5 seconds without disc in it. Or check PAL ↔ NTSC switch at the rear. ※ Change into PAL ↔ NTSC. - Change i...
How do I connect TV and DVD_Bluray Player? Things to check For TV and DVD(Blueray), you can connect through HDMI, Component, or Standard video. For audio, you can connect through RCA connector, HDMI or optical fiber cable. How to connect ① Connecting TV and DVD_Blueray through Standar...
I can't tap the touch pad of the product Symptom If the touch pad button on the product doesn’t work How to fix If you are wearing gloves or using some tools, it will not recognize your “touch”.
I want to connect audio and video Symptom Do you want to use audio when watching video? How to fix - How to connect video and audio Connect one of the Recorder’s DIGITALAUDIO OUTPUTjacks (OPTICAL, COAXIAL) to the corresponding in jack on your amplifier. Use an optional digital (Optica...
Schedule Record doesn’t work Symptom Schedule Record doesn’t work. How to fix If antenna is connected to the rear of product, you will not be able to record. Try it after connecting the antenna.. After connecting the antenna, run the Auto Channel Set and see if there is a channel rece...