Receive help on your LG product
Receive help on your LG product
Check out the latest information related to this product.
For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
Software upgrades include device drivers and firmware updates only for specific models. Check your owner's manual to determine if your product supports software upgrades.
LG Electronics GH22LS40
Firmware Version LL02
- Improve Writing Strategy
- Support Windows 7
This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT
designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any
other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact
the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows
2000/XP/Vista. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at
1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip
2. Connect the drive to the secondary IDE channel as a master drive with
no other devices connected to that channel (Ignore if it's an SATA drive).
Start Windows and verify it can recognize the drive.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, and /or antivirus.
Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the
update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
4. Open the firmware program.
5. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive
while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH
THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade
process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage
to the drive can occur.
6. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say FIRMWARE UPDATE
SUCCESSFUL. Re-boot your PC.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG
customer support at 1-800-243-0000.
GH22LS40 Version LL01 Firmware Update
To update the firmware of the GH22LS40 please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in
permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below LL01
The drives must be original LG branded drives with the DVD Writer model number
GH22LS40(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name,
please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC’s with Windows Vista and Windows XP/2000
※ Critical Instructions: (to be followed carefully)
1. Connect the drive at Computer.
2. Download the file GH22LS40_LL01(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice.
This download includes this “Read me(ew)” text file,
as well as the GH22LS40_LL01.EXE program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.
(If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC,
during the update process, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start
the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GH22LS40_LL01.EXE program
and click the“update”button. Once the update is complete,
you will see Firmware Update Complete and advise you to reboot the system.
You will need to reboot your PC.
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.