Life’s Good at LG!
At LG, we deliver products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We strongly believe that our people’s competitive spirit, proactive leadership, and expertise helps drive the company forward. As such, LG is the right place for you if:
You are a smart cookie. You like to dig into the data and find creative solutions.
You are motivated and driven. You thrive on a challenge and want to be No. 1.
You are a people person. You like helping people out and you want to understand where they’re coming from.
You’re honest and you will speak up (politely, of course!), but you do it because you care and because it’s the right thing to do.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Shopper Experience team as Marketing Manager. Our Shopper Experience team develop, orchestrate, implement and activate integrated Channel Marketing Plans which improve brand health, consideration, preference and purchase intention for LG products in the UK & Ireland - leading to increased commercial performance across all national and independent retailers. As Marketing Manager you will support the National Account Managers in the initiation, delivery and execution of sales and marketing activity for our key customers which maximizes LG awareness, consumer engagement and sales out. You will be responsible for driving the LG brand and products via a range of through-the-line communication channels incl. instore, advertising, experiential, events, training, digital and print communications.
Your Role & Responsibilities
§ Development of Trade Marketing Account Plans alongside Sales Managers
o Working alongside National Account Managers to develop effective annual sales in and sales out plans for a number of key customers/channels which deliver our commercial and brand targets
o Regular updating of account plans with course corrections when necessary
o Maintain a good understanding and record of the objectives, strategies and key areas of focus for all accounts
o Keep the rest of the business informed of all key account specific initiatives, strategies and sale and marketing areas of focus
o Develop consumer market campaigns that deliver all “above the line & through the line” collateral and set the tonality & messaging for the UK & Ireland as a whole.
§ Development and execution of Key Sales Drivers
o Develop and implement the following Sales Drivers which optimise the performance of our business in each account:
o robust sell in decks with rationale for all product, pricing, promotional recommendations
o sales out initiatives such as consumer promotions, competitions etc
o participation in account specific initiatives – including the robust assessment of all opportunities
o in store visibility in line with brand and shopper marketing global guidelines, working with HQ and local agencies to deliver projects on time and to budget
o online presence across all products gaining fair share of voice, with relevant content
o staff incentives and engagement programmes
o marcomms and cooperative advertising investment
§ Penetration and relationship building within key accounts
o Ensure consistent, high quality and timely communication is managed between LG UK and each key account
o Identify key stakeholders and build positive relationships which deliver mutual benefit
o Maintain a good understanding of roles, responsibilities and key contacts within each account and know how all account contacts interact and how decisions are made.
o Put in place an appropriate level of customer facing meetings which allows us to maintain relationships at all levels of the customers’ structure.
o Manage multiple agency relationships to deliver the most effective creative campaigns.
§ Market Understanding and insight
o Work with Research and Insights team to maintain a high level of understanding of the market, its key trends, our performance vs our competition and the performance of each key account
o Monitor performance impact of all key initiatives and evaluate all major activity to ensure that we understand effectiveness, ROI and efficiency of all investment
o Regularly update customers on latest market data and our interpretation of key trends and opportunities
§ General Administration
o All admin related to account specific spend carried out within process and in a timely manner
o All admin related to investment from Marketing budget carried out within process and in a timely manner
o Produce relevant reports to keep the wider marketing and sales team up to date. Ensure they are completed on time and in full
o Commercial targets shared kpi with Sales team (indirect target)
o Excellence in execution – delivery on time and in full of all key initiatives
§ Key Relationships
1. National/Key account Managers
2. Marketing Teams – Home Entertainment (TV and Audio)
3. Field Training Team
4. Product Team
6. Cross BU Marketing Team
7. Smart Content Team
1. Customer accounts (across marketing and sales)
2. Agencies (Retail, Creative, Print, Events etc.)
3. Other Third Party Suppliers (Logistics, Warehousing, etc.)
Skills, Education & Experience
· Marketing / Business / English degree educated
· CIM qualified desirable
· 5 to 7 years previous experience in a channel/trade/customer marketing role
· Previous experience in a Consumer Marketing Consumer Electronics related environment preferred
· Experience of working with, or for consumer electronics retailers/eTailers
· Etailer marketing experience desirable but not necessary
· Excellence in execution - Can balance multiple projects and work to aggressive time scales within budget. Manage complexity and its implications within projects. Insists on high implementation standards. Can take a call on the balance of speed and quality pushing back where appropriate.
· Strong presenter, able to present Consumer Marketing plans internally
§ Knowledge and skills
· Superior organisation, time and program management skills
· Ability to analyse and link plans/activities to business results
· Excellent communication and good presentation skills
· Fluency in English
· Relationship building ability will be crucial
· Agency and budget management
· Positive energy
· Highly focussed and capable of sustaining a fast pace in a dynamic environment
· A self-starter, able to work with little or no supervision and direction
· Completer finisher - able to be resilient to drive issues through to a successful customer focused solution
· Good judgement - able to make practical and realistic decisions within scope of responsibility
· Experience of working within a performance management environment – KPIs
· Ability to work assertively in a cross functional environment and attain consensus between all parties
· 9% Employer Contribution into your Pension
· Life Assurance
· Private Healthcare (including optical & dental) for you and your family
· 25 Days’ Annual Leave (+ Public Holidays)
· Staff Discount
· Subsidised Cafeteria
Our Equal Opportunities Statement
LG Electronics U.K. Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Right to Work
Please note: To be considered for this role, applicants must already possess the right to work legally in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to Here