Rated 5 out of
I’ve had it for awhile- works great. It is only a little louder than a desk fan. Easy to install. Love the energy saver feature. Keeps my bedroom very cool and comfortable. Was nice during the recent Cali heatwave with temps around 110
Date published: 2020-08-25
Rated 3 out of
Not as good as the older version
I bought this to replace an older 5000 BTU unit (also LG). The old one worked fine but was a little under-powered for the space. This new 6000 BTU unit seems to actually work harder to cool the same space.
• small and light. Very easy to put into the window and take out in the fall. One of the lightest units out there.
• great design. The upward flow of chilled air is much better than a forward facing flow.
• noisy. My sound meter measures 62 dB @ 1 meter on low--nowhere close to the 52 dB claimed in the specs.
• annoying 'energy saver'. The unit cycles on and off every 3-5 minutes just to 'take the temperature' of the room. It's noisy and extremely annoying--the old unit did not do this. It's better just to run the unit continuously.
• poor thermostat. The unit will just run and run and run... unless you stand in front of it, in which case it will turn off. I guess that it means it's super-sensitive to air flow--generally not a good thing for something designed to measure temperature smoothly.
• inaccurate digital controls. Yes, it looks snazzy but it's about 5 degrees off. At least the old manual dial used a more honest setting of 'warmer' and 'colder'.
In short, the bells and whistles added have made this a worse machine. Plus it should be much quieter, especially with the fan mechanism (maybe have an ultra-low speed?). I wish that I'd keep my old 5000 BTU unit. It may have not been quieter, but it was far less annoying.
Date published: 2020-08-05
Rated 1 out of
Out of box, purchased two years ago, brand new, just installed, and fan doesn’t kick on, no operation, very disappointed
Date published: 2020-07-17