When your connection is not completed, you can see the red LED or the blinking of yellow-green LED on the wireless subwoofer and the subwoofer does not make sound. To solve the problem, follow the below steps.
1. Adjust volume level of the main unit to minimum by pressing VOL down button repeatedly until standby LED on the main unit blinks slowly.
2. Press and hold (Mute) on the remote control for about 3 seconds.
- The standby LED on the main unit blinks quickly
3. If the LED of the wireless subwoofer already blinks in yellow-green continually, you can skip this step. Press and hold PAIRING on the back of the wireless subwoofer for more than 5 seconds.
The LED of the wireless subwoofer lights up alternately in red and yellow-green.
4. Disconnect the power cord of the main unit and the wireless subwoofer.
5. Connect them again after the LED of the main unit and the wireless subwoofer is fully turned off.
The main unit and the wireless subwoofer will be paired automatically when you turn on the main unit.
- When the connection is completed, you can see the yellow-green LED on the subwoofer.
It takes a few seconds (and may take longer) for the main unit and the subwoofer to communicate with each other and make sounds.
If you need further assistance, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/
The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/
Date published: 2019-11-06