When your connection is not completed, you can check red LED on the wireless subwoofer and the wireless subwoofer does not make sound. To solve the problem, follow the steps below.
1. Press Pairing button on the rear of the wireless subwoofer.
- The green LED on the rear of the wireless subwoofer blinks quickly. (If the green LED does not blink, press and hold the Pairing button.)
2. Turn on the main unit.
3. Pairing is completed.
- The green LED on the rear of the wireless subwoofer turns on
It takes a few seconds (and may take longer) for the main unit and the subwoofer to communicate with each other and make sounds.
The closer the main unit and the subwoofer, the better sound quality. It is recommended to install the main unit and the subwoofer as close as possible and avoid the cases below.
- There is an obstacle between the main unit and the subwoofer.
- There is a device using same frequency with this wireless connection such as a medical equipment, a microwave or a wireless LAN device.
- Keep the sound bar and the subwoofer away from the device (ex. wireless router, microwave oven, etc.) over 1m (3.3 ft) to prevent wireless interference.
Date published: 2019-09-24