Charred Corn and Tomato Salad w/ Bacon Vinaigrette
Take fresh seasonal ingredients to create this simple summer side dish, perfect for backyard cookouts!
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: MAKES 5-6 SERVINGS
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 ears of sweet corn
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 c Goat cheese or feta
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 t grainy dijon mustard
- 1/2 t lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
1. Place bacon in frying pan over medium heat and cook until crisp, transfer bacon to a paper towel, turn the heat down to low.
2. Turn your largest burner onto high and place shucked ears of corn directly over the flame, two at a time. Rotate them a quarter turn approximately every minute, as the corn just starts to blacken. If you do not have a gas cook top, corn can be charred under an oven broiler or on a grill. Once all ears have been charred, set aside and allow to cool.
3. Chop tomatoes into 1/2 cubes.
4. Shave the corn kernels off of the cobs by turning them up on their stalk ends and moving your knife back and forth.
5. Add minced garlic to the hot bacon fat and cook until soft and slightly browned, about 90 seconds.
6. Mix lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in warm bacon fat and garlic while whisking the mixture to create an emulsion.
7. Add corn, tomatoes and goat cheese to a large bowl and toss with warm dressing.
8. Roll basil leaves into a tight bundle, then slice into thin strips and sprinkle over the salad.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE