INSTALLING A DLNA MEDIA SERVER ON YOUR COMPUTER
You must use a DLNA media server to stream media from the PC to the TV. (DLNA stands for Digital Living Network Alliance, which allows users to access video, photo and audio files stored in servers and enjoy them on TV via home networking.) There are many DLNA media servers you can use.
First, you'll need to download SmartShare PC software (DLNA):
- Start up your computer, visit LG.com. If necessary, select your region.
- Click the support tab.
- Type in the model name from the cover of your owner's manual into the search bar.
- Find and download the "SmartShare PC Software (DLNA)" file.
Now it's time to actually install the SmartShare PC software (DLNA):
- Before installing the software, close all your running programs including firewall and Anti-Virus programs.
- Unzip and double-click "Setup.exe". The installation wizard will then appear.
- Follow the directions of the installation wizard as displayed on the screen.
- Click the [Exit] button to complete the installation.
- SmartShare PC Software (DLNA) is not supported with Mac OS.
- It is a customized software edition, just for sharing files and folders to this player.