The LG TV Network Menu settings allow you to customize your personal viewing experience. Below is a list of the available Network Menu settings, click on any one to learn more.
Identify the TV on the network by assigning it a name.
Note: Having more than one device with the same name, on the same network, can cause conflicts.
Wired Connection (Ethernet)
Connect to the network with an ethernet cable. You must be connected to the network to use certain Smart TV features such as web browsing, content sharing, and automatic software updates.
- For most connections, Ethernet will automatically connect you to the network.
- Click the Edit button to manually enter the IP and DNS server addresses.
Note: Manually entering IP and DNS addresses is for Static IP. If you are unsure of what this means, do not modify these fields.
Connect to the network through a wireless router. You must be connected to the network to use certain Smart TV features such as web browsing, content sharing, and automatic software updates.
- Network List - Choose your network from a list of available, SSID Broadcast-enabled, networks.
- Add a Hidden Wireless Network - Add your wireless network by manually entering the network name (SSID).
- Connect via WPS PBC - Press the WPS-PBC button on a WPS-enabled router to connect your TV to the network.
- Connect via WPS PIN - Enter PIN code into a WPS-enabled router to connect your TV to the network.
- Advanced Settings - Manually enter the IP and DNS server addresses.
Note: For more information about setting up a wireless network connection, refer to Setting Up Your Wireless Network.
Wi-Fi Direct lets you connect your TV wirelessly to other Wi-Fi Direct-enabled devices, like a cellphone or computer, without having to connect to a wireless router. Once connected, you can share content using the SmartShare app.
- Set to ON.
- Search for Wi-Fi Direct-enabled devices.
- Initiate a connection request by selecting the desired device.
- Accept the connection request on the other device.
LG Connect Apps
Connect your TV and other devices using apps that support LG Connect Apps. ex. LG TV Plus.
- Switch LG Connect Apps to ON in order to allow compatible devices to connect.
- Request the connection from the compatible device.
- Choose to cancel the request, or enter the code that appears on the TV into the compatible device.
- Revoke Pairing - Disconnects a currently connected device.